Thread: Microsoft Activesync cannot sync with Compaq Ipaq H3850

Microsoft Activesync cannot sync with Compaq Ipaq H3850

I am working in a small office environment where we have a LAN system. I have been using a Compaq Ipaq 3850 pocket Pc or also called as handheld pc for my office work. My previous work computer was properly syncing with the Microsoft ActiveSync. Recently my office has swapped my computer to Dell Latitude / E5410 64 bit. After this the 'Sync Center' inside the control Panel doesn't distinguish Ipaq 3850 in any way? Is there any special driver I should download for this? Please suggest me.

Re: Microsoft Activesync cannot sync with Compaq Ipaq H3850

I think that the issue may be due to USB connection problems among an Ipaq 3850 and ActiveSync might comprise whichever of the following:
    • Connection among a phone and PC is failed for the duration of data transfer otherwise synchronization.
    • Connection among a PC and the mobile phone is not at all recognized and there is no visual comment.
    • Windows seems to stand otherwise crashes ahead connecting a mobile phone.

Majority of these cases are caused via Windows desktop firewall program otherwise applications that influence network traffic. These apps clash with the TCP traffic flanked by phone as well as PC, reasoning data transfer and connection problems.

All through a victorious ActiveSync connection, the desktop connects toward the device via sending an acknowledgement packet toward the gadget in excess of UDP port 5679. Following you get the UDP packet, the gadget connects through the desktop on TCP port 990. For the duration of this procedure, the ActiveSync icon turns, and the ActiveSync "Connected" announcement is showed. If this procedure is successful, you will perceive the connection sound, and the ActiveSync icon turns toward green. If there are issues, the ActiveSync icon goes on to rotate and does not show the "Connected" notice. If the ActiveSync connection is failed, the ActiveSync icon proceeds to dappled.

In order to accomplish a successful connection the subsequent ActiveSync files are utilized for the duration of connecting:
    • Wcesmgr.exe
    • Wcescomm.exe
    • Rapimgr.exe

These apps are situated within the ActiveSync installation directory. For instance, the files might be positioned inside the following position:C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync. The inbound as well as outbound ports that are utilized via ActiveSync are as follows:
    Inbound TCP

Outbound UDP

I think that the ipaq make use of an ordinary engine for together desktop as well as Exchange Server synchronization. The things that are synchronized comprise e-mail, calendar, contacts, plus tasks. The objects that are not synchronized contain notes, files, and favorites, along with third-party items. While you identify an error, decide whether you are synchronizing toward your desktop PC otherwise toward an Exchange Server. The error codes are the similar if you are synchronizing toward your desktop PC otherwise to an Exchange Server. Troubleshooting differs based on the synchronization basis.

ActiveSync might not synchronize information through Microsoft Outlook, and this might consequence in synchronization error like 0x85010017. The error may be caused through the existence of a huge volume of objects in the foremost synchronization. Otherwise the error might outcome from definite huge substance, for example calendar items by way of numerous meeting attendees. Several definite causes of this error have been determined in new version of ActiveSync. If you are making use of latest Windows OS, then upgrade to new version of ActiveSync.