Thread: iPad 2 Switching Airplane mode not working

iPad 2 Switching Airplane mode not working

I was having an iPad but as soon as iPad 2 WIFI was launched I just rushed to my nearby shop bought it a week ago. While trying to connect to the cellular data it shows iPad or Searching in the top of the screen. It works properly 2 days before. It works when I try and hard reset. When I try to switch to Airplane mode whether it is on or off anything to reset the modem it won’t work don’t know why. Anyone knows why does it happens please do try and help me out.

Re: iPad 2 Switching Airplane mode not working

In fact, I spent 2 hours at the Genius Bar few days before. I was able to copy the difficulty. They have no idea why he's doing that. They tried each and everything, re-provisioning the account, they tried and update the software (thrice I might have added), and they did replace the ipad 2 wifi. They imagine it’s an IOS problem. If you use 3G then go for wifi, switch off the IPAD, and wait a few minutes, turn it claims to seek / no service.

I am newbie to any kind of a forum site, but I've been reading about this problem since long time, when they are iPad2 came out and finally found the solution after two calls from Verizon and hours on the phone. I at last found a representative who know what he was doing and resolved in a matter of minutes here's the deal: Go to: Settings then go to General then go to About and then touches the line carrier that Verizon will probably say 10.0. When you touch it, should show a number of PRL, as 5XXXX. When I did this, my number is 0. That’s the issue. The technician had me IPAD backup and then go to General> Reset> Erase all content and settings. You will be asked a few times if you are sure and just press ERASE on both occasions.

Well just want to clarify to make sure that these are two separate issues. In my theme, when 3G is turned off followed by unit, does not return, regardless of change, but CAN return if you leave the power button, then reboot. Yours sounds like it will not return at all. These are the 2 different problems. Have you tried to leave cell phones in "On" followed by a reboot?

I also having the same issue on my Verizon 3G iPad 2. My friend iPad did this yesterday, but not as frequently as mine. So I am very much disappointed! Because I want ATT to begin now I have this problem. The first time I determined this by resetting the iPad to the imaginative settings, losing all apps. The second time, some time before I just rebooted it and it was solved. My friend was resolved with a reboot but no one would like to restart their devices again and again, let alone reset and loose all my settings!

I have a Verizon 3G ipad2. The G-3 seems to work properly. However, when I try to see the Verizon account, I get a message saying "The iPad is already active on a subscription that cannot be controlled with this device." I talked to three different people gave different answers with no resolution. One of them said that the iPad was recorded with an email address used to register our iPhone and the IPAD should re register with a different e-mail. Can someone explain if this is correct or why two devices can have the same email?

We went to Verizon and reported the problem. They hadn’t heard anything about any other person. She said she would make a call to higher ups and call me back, which still hasn't, and taking into account my account. I tried to duplicate the item in the store, but failed. The problem for me seems pretty intermittent, as once a day, and you can always recover after restart I'm fine for now. However, this is not acceptable for the long term. I'll be back here reporting to relevant information becomes available.

I went to the Apple store today. The question was consistent as ever. The technician was a restoration, switching between flight mode, WiFi, etc. He seems like a software problem and to replace, but there were no replacement animals for this model. I change my AT & T if I have a service in my area. I'll try a group of friends to see if I can get a signal. He mentioned that this is the first time I've heard of this issue and explained that there was much discussion on this particular issue. He said most likely all have the same problem. Only a matter of time before a solution is made. I'd say if everyone has this problem or make an appointment support contacts to expedite a solution.