Thread: Best apps to print using Apple iPad 2

Best apps to print using Apple iPad 2

Hi friends, I recently got my new Apple iPad 2 and I have come across news that we can use our iPad 2 to print documents and other files. I would like to know more about this feature. How can we print files using our iPad 2. What software of apps do we need to do so? If there is any such application available then can anyone please tell me about it? Anyone with any knowledge related to this matter, please feel free to come forward and give me some solution for the same. Suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Best apps to print using Apple iPad 2

The iPad 2 like the iPad has got enough potential to replace your laptop. You need to install printer app for iPad 2 to print any file or document from your Apple iPad 2. Many printing apps which were used in iPhone and iPad can be used in Apple iPad 2 for the same purpose. ePrint from Microtech is the one I am using, which works wonders with almost all wireless printers. ePrint 3.3 is compatible with both iPad and iPad 2. You can print cards and calendar pages by using photos which are stored in your iPad 2. You can print notes, contacts and any documents using it.

The wireless printing “AirPrint” technology of Apple is the best recommended app for printing. It makes printing your emails, photos, files and documents easier. You don’t have to download any software or install any drivers to use it. You are just few taps away from getting a printout of what you are viewing in your iPad 2. You can print anything and get back to what you were doing before just like you do in any laptop pr computers. iPad 2 has got this ability to automatically locate AirPrint enabled printers on your Wi-Fi network and connect to it. It works with Safari, iWork, Photos, Mail, PDFs in iBooks and many other third-party apps. Multiple print jobs is possible while you manage the queue right in AirPrint.

You can also use anyone of the following apps to perform printing over a wireless printer.
    Epson iPrint
    It works very well with the Epson iPrinter. However, only photos can be printed using this app. It can be used with the help of Wi-Fi on iPad 2. You just have to install the app in your iPad 2 to start printing. It is free of cost and you can get it from any App Store.
    PrintBureau
    It is one of the best printing app (according to me) for iPad 2. It also helps you to manage your files in your iPad 2. You can print almost everything that you see in your iPad 2 by using PrintBureau.
    Magic Print HD
    Use of Magic Print HD makes it possible to print images, text or any web pages directly from your iPad, without even adding any other software. You can even print maps by using Magic Print HD.

Printopia is one of the app which I have used for printing documents and other files, and it works very well. The only problem is that it works only when you have switched on your Mac. If you are using any HP wireless printer, I would suggest you to use “Print n Share” app to print. It had worked brilliantly with mine. Print n Share will print the files directly to all your HP Wi-Fi printers. If you using some other printers then you should probably check out on Internet, to which all printers is the “Print n Share” app compatible with. You can also give Printer Pro a try. It is capable of printing to many Wi-Fi printers and the printers attached to your computer. I am not sure whether this app will work or not, so it would be best I you use the Lite version first and confirm whether you are able to print with this app from your iPad 2 to the printer. And if it is working then you can buy the pro version to print your documents. You can find more details about the “Printer Pro” app in the iTunes App Store.

I also have read about these few apps for printing using the Apple iPad 2.
    PrintCentral is a known printing app for the iPad 2. It enables us to print email, contacts, web pages, documents, email attachments, photos and even text messages. It has got almost all the features a printing app must have and matches other printing apps available in the iTunes Apps Store. It enables printing to any existing Wi-Fi printers or to all the printers via MAC or any other PC.
    ClipPrinter enables you to copy and print photos, email, text messages, Notes, calendar, maps, contacts and many more, in fact you can print anything that you can copy on your iPad 2.

I have a Lexmark C510 printer in the wireless network.

It is not an airprint printer.

What of the above referenced applications will work best for this printer with an iPAD2. I want to be able to print both web content, pdf's, as well as doc generated from word type apps, and of course pictures.

Lexprint did not get good reviews, and does not seem like a viable solution.

Ideas, comments?

Thanks

Dennis tells us how to print from iPad 2 without having to make other complicated connections through your computer. Knowing how to print from an ipad 2 is a very useful tool.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 18-01-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

Huron advises using the wireless printing “AirPrint” technology. Where can I find instructions for using it? How do I locate the wireless printers on my home network? I have two HP wireless printers. I have the version of MS Word on my iPad 2 through the Onlive Desktp app, but how do I print a document created in that app?

Cortado Workplace is a free app that you can use to print from iPad. This works on wifi network and it is like a cloud based service. The app provides you 2Gb free online storage space to keep your documents. You can then modify and save them and also print them directly from it. Here you use the iPad browser to run a print. You need a wifi printer for that. It is better if you have airplay connected to the network, so that accessing the printer becomes more easier.

Try Print. This app helps you to print photos, phone numbers, etc from iPad. You can also print pages of a website or mail. It also work on wifi network and support a large number of wifi printers. There is no need to put any addtional software in iPad to use this tool. It will cost you $3.99 to download and use this application. The print features is only availabe for iOS 4.2 and above that. So if you have a lower version then there are less chances that this appmight work.