Thread: Unable to change brightness of Sony Vaio VGN-CS36GJ after upgrading windows.

Unable to change brightness of Sony Vaio VGN-CS36GJ after upgrading windows.

Hello everyone, I am suffering from a little issue, I have recently bought SONY VAIO VGN-CS36GJ laptop, within this laptop I am using windows 7, I have recently done windows 7 upgrade and I have got home edition 64-bit, after installation fn Key +F5 and F6 Keys were working properly when I was viewing images. But after sometime icam to know that I am not able change the brightness of screen, it is only going 1step up and down, so I just wanted to know that is t a driver issue or something else? I have not found any changes in device manager. Can anyone help to solve this?

Re: Unable to change brightness of Sony Vaio VGN-CS36GJ after upgrading windows.

Well in your case I must tell you don’t worry at all, the problem from which you are suffering it can be solve very easily. You just need to upgrade graphic driver, you can download it from official website of Microsoft. Keep in mind that the file which you are downloading it must be named like this; NVIDIA Graphic Drives version 8.15.11.8640. this file supports almost every VGN series of laptop in SONY VAIO.Once you download this file just install it and apply to srttings. I am using same serios of laptop it is working in me, so naturally it must work for you. All the best!

Re: Unable to change brightness of Sony Vaio VGN-CS36GJ after upgrading windows.

Hey thanks friend, I have tried the way you told in above post, I have download the NVIDIA Graphic Drive of same version and installed it on my laptop, it has worked for me. Thanks for your so important post, because of this post I have fixed my problem. But I wanted to know that one of my friend is also using same series of laptop and he is not able to use multimedia key in his laptop. So I just wanted to know that does it the same issue e.g. up gradation of windows. Can anyone help me for this reason? Thanks a lot in advance.

Hey i have read your above post; I can help you for this reason. Yes it can be possible that because of update of windows multimedia keys can stop working. You just try to do one thing, find out some multimedia key driver for SONY VAIO from the official website of SONY or Microsoft. It will allow you to download those file and install that on your laptop. And finally the same way you have solved your brightness issue, you will solve this one also. Don’t forget to reboot laptop after installation. All the best!!!