Thread: Which is better- Nortel BCM or Avaya IP Office

Which is better- Nortel BCM or Avaya IP Office

Hi. Greetings to all. I am an employee from a mediocre software firm. We have two firms in two diverse cities. For taking our work further, we have a plan of installing up a voice over internet protocol system and for that we are confused whether we should go for Nortel bcm or avaya Ip office. So, I need suggestion about which system we should aim for. Also, let me know the positive and the negative aspects of the both the systems . Thanks in advance for the help and giving your useful inputs.

Re: Which is better- Nortel BCM or Avaya IP Office

Ip office allows 64 people to come in a conference call with the help of built in conference bridge. This facility is not available with BCM. Thus, a conference call can be allowed in a corporation through the telephone method. Also, in case any of the conference call is missed then later it can be there for play back as it was recorded earlier. You are just one button away from silent call recording .These are the benefits of avaya ip office in comparison with bcm.

Hi I would like to tell you that Nortel bcm also allows 3 party conference calls. Also, There are two new BCM platforms that are being introduced which will have seven fans inside it and also 4 cards installed in it. Looking on the other side , inside the box of avaya there are no fans, parts which are in moving motion or hard drives. Also, avaya speaker phones are full duplex speaker phones while Nortel are half duplex. So, as per your requirements just see which one has more facilities which your firm is looking for and then select the model.

Hi. As per my knowledge, both the above mentioned are solid switches. The major difference that I find is that avaya has a sotware developed that can transfer and also make calls from their own desktop, which will directly connect with the users set. I would recommend you that you should go by the level of carry that is being offered and also the reference of the phone seller. Also, the cost does inherently play a very decisive role. Select the seller whom you have trust because both the switches can be easily screwed up easily if the seller does not know what his responsibility is.

How much I know, a customer can assume that reliability with Nortel is more than Avaya. If you consider the rates of the each and think Nortel is expensive, then you are wrong because Nortel does provide the features and has many surprises. Also, each thing is done in the base unit while in avaya an adjunct server running windows is in need. Thus on a given day I would surely rate Nortel above avaya and would go for it rather than taking risk in avaya. But , end of the day it’s your opinion that matter.

Hi. I would explain you in short something about queue out option. IP office has this facility. In case if any of the caller has been stuck up in queue then he can press 1 and then leave a message so that it can be heard in future or can also press 2 and directly talk to the operator. Also, if the caller is on hold then he will be informed in which position he/she is in the queue. Such a facility is not provided by bcm . In bcm you are required to upgrade the call centre profession and then select the position on queue option.