Thread: Unable to use Share media in home network with Nokia E7

Unable to use Share media in home network with Nokia E7

The phone that I am using from around a month is Nokia E7, the specification and the performance of the mobile phone is said to be the best which will help me in doing a lot of thing in it, so I was just doing some Research and Development in the internet, and I was thinking of connecting the media and help in sharing the media in the dlna upnp network with the help of nokia E7.so is it possible to do the following thing that I was facing also if it is not possible then is there any of the application that is present which will help in coming out of this thing.

Re: Unable to use Share media in home network with Nokia E7

I appreciate the thing that you are trying to do with the nokia E7, also just keep doing the research and Development, this will help in gaining a lot of knowledge about the mobile phone, and also it will increase the knowledge of yours, but the thing is that the question that you have asked about the DLNA is somewhat shaky, I guess that the DLNA is not present in it, in other word, there is no direct support for the same, but as the indirect support, there is an application present in the internet named as Dukto, this will help in sharing the home network in the wireless mode.

Yes, I have heard about it, this is the best utility which will help in accessing the shared media which is present in the network of yours, the Dukto is a small program which is present in the internet and also for all the operating system like windows and Linux also, the setup file will be present in the OVI stores which will help you in downloading the files from there, so just do that and do the setup of the file in a proper manner, which will help in getting the access in the home network.

I tried downloading the software named as Dukto, which you have told me to do in the previous post. But it is not helping me in any of the cases because I have seen that after properly connecting it to the network of mine, I tried downloading and sharing of the component with the mobile of mine from the computer, but it was no helping in doing that in a proper manner, also some of the file was not getting open in the mobile when I was transferring the content from the computer to the mobile, right now I am not able to understand what the problem, waiting for some help, so please help me in this case.

I am really sorry because this kind of the software is not been used by me in any of the cases, I have seen this thing in my friends place and he was telling me the features and use of it,, so I will see that some of the information and the problem that you are facing is been discussed with him, also I have some of the information about the passing of the data from the computer and the mobile is based on the Dukto client on the phone which is present in it. So try doing some of the changes in it and see what happens in it.

Yes I have tried a lot of thing in the computer that I was using, I have seen that the problem was not been solved in the Linux, s I have two operating system that is present in the computer of mine, sonce the interface of the linux is not that good, I was not able to figure it out what the problem is, but when I tried with windows XP, I tried hell lot of thing, but the only thing that worked for me id the compatibility mode, this is one kind of the mode which is present in the windows xp, I don’t know how but the whole setup was working fine in it.