Thread: Error : “Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive” on Toshiba MK 1517

Error : “Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive” on Toshiba MK 1517

I own a Toshiba laptop, and it gives me a few days when I turn it on smart Predicted failure is hard disk Toshiba MK 1517 GAP - (PM) Warning: Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A Failure May Be Imminent. Press F1 to continue " When I press F1, Windows XP logo appears, then the computer hangs. Is it the motherboard? is it expensive to replace? I have no idea please help me out in this one

Re: Error : “Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive” on Toshiba MK 1517

It can come from SD. Therefore, several possibilities: Either you fix a PC with CPU, screen and you can check the connection. Either you have a laptop, which I hope is still under warranty, you can try to do to analyze VAS. This in an extreme case, or it would become too boring. In searching the web I found similar cases: In one affected were the IDE cables that messing around, which leads to a repair. So i guess yours also need a repair so better if you are consulting the official person.

Re: Error : “Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive” on Toshiba MK 1517

First make a backup of all your data, then made a chkdsk in Recovery Console from Windows CD then if it does not work, run a low level format from the program available on the manufacturer's website, reinstall Windows by formatting in ntfs which (not quick mode) If it still does not work change the hard drive and also check the condition before making him the bios reset CMOS but also and especially the flash check that it is not the controller IDE / SATA bug.

I think there is the issue with the hard drive that you are using now what I want you to do here is that just see whether the hard drive that your system is having is doing well and confirm the same you have to just try and use any other hard drive on your system and then see how it goes. But make sure that the hard drive that you are using is compatible with the laptop of yours and the only use it. And after attaching this one you are not facing any issue then I am damn sure that the hard drive of your system is damaged. And if you want to solve this issue then get rid of the same as soon as possible

Well have you tried of starting the system in the safe mode and if not then make sure that you are seriously doing efforts to have control on the same. Actually the thing here is that if you have installed any latest software or application then it may happen that the application or that program have damaged the os and that is the reason why it is behaving in this manner. So what I want you to do here is that just try and run the system in the safe mode and then you just need to uninstall the application that you have install on your system. I am sure that once this is done then you will not face any of the issues what so ever.