Thread: How to use Podcatcher on Nokia N8

How to use Podcatcher on Nokia N8

Hello guys, I need your help to use the Podcatcher on Nokia N8. I have purchased Nokia N8 yesterday before that I was using Samsung S5620 on which there was Podcatcher or maybe I didn’t download it. Whenever I buy a new handset I check all the tools and applications by self, but for Podcatcher I am bit concerned should I click on icons or not? I am confused There are few symbols on the Podcatcher screen of version 1.11(1)(c) 2007-2010. Please guy I don’t know much about this thing , guide how to use it.

Re: How to use Podcatcher on Nokia N8

Hey you can easily found out that by visiting Nokia official web site. Even I was bit confused in the starting but then I searched about it on Nokia site and then I was easily able to figure out that which button is doing what type of function, or on which button we shouldn’t click. So go on the forums on nokia website and then in projects search for Podcatcher, make you will find it on your screen only. In discussion topic you will get more detail.

Hey thanks a lot buddy for a quick reply. I have just checked the discussion topics which you were talking about but dude there is no such Icon about which I was talking about. On the upper bar of Options and back like star, button to reload, a increasing sign like a increasing signal on a dot and on that cross sign. And sometimes there is a down arrow. I don’t know how they work so I am bit afraid to click on those buttons or icons, many of you have used it please help.

Hey I know few of them I don’t have Podcatcher in my handset but I can tell the use or functions of couple of them icons well I think there are 4 or 5 such icons and I know two of them. First one is Cricular arrow with three dots in a line in it, it’s use to update the existing Podcast. Second one is as said increasing signal with a cross sign which you may say a transmitter sign with a positive sign on it it is used which is used to add new Podcasts.

Yeah that is a right description about the two icons explained by above user and I know the remaining three icons so after this post I guess you will be able to use those icons. So the third one is a refresh like button or a circular arrow and yes it is a refresh feed. And next i.e fourth one is a cross inside a star which is next to three vertical dots, it is used to mark all as old. And the last one down arrow next to three vertical dots it is used to download all new. Hope this description is quite enough for you.

I am quite amazed that people are so active here where as there was no reply on my post o Nokia forums, I searched a lot about those icons over net but I was not able to put this thing into words luckily you guys have understood my query and delivered the right answer. Whenever I have posted any query on this site I got similar kind of response from members. Finally I will be able to use this application with proper knowledge all because of you guys, thanks a lot for your concern. Thanks,