Thread: Nokia C7 does not receive SMS

Nokia C7 does not receive SMS

Hello guys I am using Nokia C7 from last 3-4 months till last week I did not had any problem with my hand set but from last week I am not able to receive any messages from my friends and from office. First I thought it’s due to the SIM but when I used same SIM with other handset I received all messages, and one interesting thing is that I am able to receive messages from Nokia nad from my network service provider but not from my contacts. Please help me out, please I want a quick reply.

Re: Nokia C7 does not receive SMS

Well dude I think there is quite enough text messages are already stored in your phone, there is always some limit on text or may be your phone memory is full that’s why you aren’t able to receive the messages, I had the similar kind of problem on my handset but it used to show ne the message “memory full delete some messages from inbox to receive messages”. Try a reset on your handset by OVI suite and don’t forget to backup your data. Type *#7370# and security code is 12345.

I had the same problem with my handset, I wasn’t able to receive any messages on my handset, and same thing happened when I used other handset but when I used a different SIM card I was able to receive messages on my phone, there was something wrong on the operator side. So I called them and they sent me a new SIM card with same number and now it’s working properly. Now I am receiving all the messages, So I think you should contact your service provider.

Buddy even I don’t think it’s your handset, it’s due to some setting change. I was using the basic Nokia handset and had the same problem as you are facing now. First I thought that it might be due to phone memory full so I deleted all my messages then reset the memory but still same problem. Then I called my service provider and they told me which message center number to used and that was changed by mistake so I changed it again and after that my handset started receiving messages.

Dude you are not the only one who is facing such kind of problems even I am facing the similar problem, Guys I had tried all the suggestions you guys have provided here. First, I did hard reset but still the same problem. Then I checked the message center number which was right, I used another SIM card in C7 it worked for a while but after some time I wasn’t able to receive any messages and when I used same SIM in another phone it started receiving messages. So mate I think it’s our phone.

Guys first of all I want thank all of you to taking part in my post, even I have tried all the possible solutions given by you guys but I am still facing the same problem. You guys have given all possible ways because problem is with handset C7 only, when I called Nokia service center they had told that there is bug in this symbian software. So know I have to wait till Nokia solve this problem. This is really disappointing from a company like Nokia. Anyways guys thanks a lot.

Have you tried using a different sim on the C7?