Thread: Nokia E7 is unable to display any new message

Nokia E7 is unable to display any new message

I have seen that I have to do the factory setting every day because my E7 is not displaying "1 new message" at the below of the screen and also abruptly doesn't make a sound when the message comes. Also, the envelope icon at the top right doesn’t come. The only way I know that a new message is come if the phone is in standby mode, and then I see the menu light is glowing. Otherwise, I have to expose the messages or conversations to see if there are any new messages. I have to do this every hardly any days when it unexpectedly stops displaying new message is arrived. I have found only restoring factory settings will works for the problem that I am facing in it, but due to this all the personal setting is been erased. Is there anyone else having this problem or anyone with a solution?

Re: Nokia E7 is unable to display any new message

Do you use the warning widget on your home screen? Don’t use it try to deactivate it and see the result, reboot and put it back out on the home screen. I have heard about the latest released update from the E7 mobile technician. The effect of the update is not yet known and also the update that is present is smaller in size, it is better that you check the update this may be the solution for the problem that you are facing. Attach your device to wlan and dial *#0000#. In that click on option and do the following updates in it.

I have seen some of the people who are facing the similar kind of the problem in the phone of their, so according to me It's most likely a bug in the few which causes this error to start, you can claim it like that as you have not done anything to the phone till now so what the big deal in it, is there a lot of messages that are present in the memory box of the phone. What you could attempt is to turn the phone off by pressing the power button and hold it in anticipation of 3 quick buzzes that will come after that. Then you just switch it on again and see what happens after that.

There are around 2000 messages on the phone memory of my phone. It must be a firmware problem if the Nokia N8 has this problem as well. I've before now had it reflashed at Nokia Care. I think you're right; the main problem is inside the firmware. I think that I will try deleting some of the messages in it and see that how does this work for me; I hope that it will work for me. Although, but still the message that are present in it is very valuable and because of that I am not able to delete the thing as soon as possible.

Well, I have seen such problem showed before and it looks like some of the phones have the problem when you used such a lot space in it, you can back up the messages that are present in the mobile with the help of the OVI suite. The OVI suite is been supported by the mobile. So the thing that you can do is those just install the program in the computer and then connect the mobile and transfer the entire messages that are present in the mobile to the computer. This will help in storing the message in a safe form.