Thread: Runtime Error and Error code 1306

Runtime Error and Error code 1306

I am having the DELL laptop. My problem is that when I try to upgrade the Dell support center then the process gets aborted automatically and shows me some runtime error. It shows that error code as 1306. I am running the licensed version of the Windows XP installed on my computer. Is there anyone else who is facing the same problem? If yes and knows the solution for this then please let me know about that. I will be thankful to all the helpful replies on this.

Re: Runtime Error and Error code 1306

My recommendation to you is to do the clean boot on your system. I am saying you to do that because it will help you to identify that if there is any third party application otherwise the startup item which is causing the issue for you. If that is true then you can contact to the program manufacturer for the updates otherwise uninstall and re-install program. I hope that this will let you out of the issue soon. Thank you!!!

The reason behind this might be the security program which is installed in your computer. If you want to confirm that then you will have to disable the security software temporarily and then try to upgrade the Dell support center again to see of that can solve the issue for you. Once you are done with the update then you must re-enable security software. I would like to tell you that running your computer devoid of firewall otherwise any anti-virus software is a possible threat to your computer so confirm to enable security software subsequent to completing troubleshooting steps and subsequent to recognizing the problem.

Are you the admin of the system? I am asking that because if you are not the admin of the computer then it is possible that you are not having the proper rights to perform that action and so you are getting the message like this. So you can try by logging in as the administrator and see if you are getting the same thing. Or you can also ask your administrator to provide you the proper privilege for this. I am not saying that this is the only reason for this. There might be many more but it can be considered as one of the most possible reasons for this.

The best way that I can suggest you is to contact to the Dell support and ask them for the sage. Before that you can try just one thing and that is to login as the admin. Dell support people are the one who can provide you reason for this and the best possible solution as well. It should be your first step in order to resolve the issue. Please let me know that what the exact problem was if you manage to resolve this.

The same message I have administrative access, but was still able to make changes. After restarting the computer, turned and looked and sprtcmd DSCA and was arrested at startup. If you go to Control Panel and look in user accounts, you should say that if you have administrator access or not. If you set everything up, chances are you do. I am listed as an administrator account, but I have yet denied access message.I'm not sure what's up with that. Try again and it worked for me anyway.