Thread: Charging Nokia N97 Mini with USB Cable

Charging Nokia N97 Mini with USB Cable

I have new Nokia N97 Mini mobile and its works really great. Here I just want to know that, how can I charge my Nokia N97 Mini mobile with USB cable? I just searched this on many sites but can’t find any solution for this. Anyone have any idea about this? Because all the time it’s not possible to take charger with me, So that, if its charge from Usb cable or via PC than its really helpful. So please provide me some solution for this.

Re: Charging Nokia N97 Mini with USB Cable

I plugged in my Nokia N97 mini to my PC and was able to move files for about 2 hour. However, the mobile is not charging through USB cable (the light subsequent to the port does not illuminate nor the needle on the screen showing progress in any way.). I am connecting it straight to the USB port on the desktop motherboard. I can charge other phone's brands for example Motorola, Sony Ericsson on the similar port. Since the phone does not look to take charge from the bond, but it works well with the complete charger only, I am anxious. While I am on the road, and there is no wall outlet obtainable, I have to rely on USB charging technique.

I can't look to get my phone to charge with the power adapter moreover. Anyway, I have establish if that if you have preselected the link type (i.e. physically set your USB connection to be 'PC Suite' or anything, in place of it asking you what you wish to do), it is fewer likely to go into Charge form. While my phone is put to ask what connection type I wish, while I attach my phone, it starts charging approximately 100% of the time.

While I plug in the Nokia N97 to my Macbook Pro natively, the phone will begin charging even earlier than I choose the connection mode. Else, while I'm running VMWare Fusion with Windows XP and it imprisons the USB ports, it in progress charging the phone just after PC Suite and OVI Suite installed the precise drivers for this phone. Either way, charging through the computer takes extensive than with the AC charger since the USB port is rated at 500mA of present, as per the normal, whereas my charger is rated at 1200mA. Unluckily, the car charger I obtained is as well rated only at 550mA.

Here I also have the similar trouble. I have a 4-port-USB Kensington charger which I utilize to charge my iPod and iPhone with. Was hopeful it would as well charge the Nokia N97 mini during a current trip. No go. Although the charger is rated up to 1200mA. Will attempt to play with the mass media settings. This is such an essential feature (basic for Smartphone’s since 2005 as a minimum) that I am infuriated.

My battery went flat when I was on the train. I don't comprise my AC charger with me, but I have got my USB cable. So, while I got into the office, I plugged it into my PC and attempted to charge it from the USB. While I plug it in the LED comes on next to the connector and it begins charging. After some time, it beeps and exhibits the Nokia logo and as well shows one bar on the battery display, but at the similar time the 'charging' light blinks two times and after that goes off. After some seconds the Nokia logo fades and the phone emerges dead.