Thread: Nokia E72 giving error: unable to unlock phone

Nokia E72 giving error: unable to unlock phone

Yes guys that’s true my nokia E72 has its automatic lock enabled in the phone. Well I want to disable it as early as possible. So for that I went to the phone autolock period and set it to 15 minutes. Then I went and disabled the autolock feature of the phone. at that time it gave me an error saying unable to unlock the phone. so please help me what should I do in such situation? Can you all suggest me some methods for this error. Please do reply as early as possible. I am waiting for your responses.

Re: Nokia E72 giving error: unable to unlock phone

In such case I just want to know if you have the RAM+Card encryption enabled in your phone. The problem with the encryption is that if you turn this encryption on then let me tell you that you will not be able to disable it nor will you be able to set it up to 45 minutes. So for that you will have to put that feature off. So first go to the settings then disable the RAM+Card encryption. I think this is the perfect solution for you do work on it accordingly and I am sure that you will be able to get solution out of it.

Well I just want to know will the same procedure will work for my nokia E5. The same is the case in my phone as well. I was just going through this forum and I happened to come across this topic and hence I thought of asking with you all. So what do you all think is the same procedure applicable for my mobile as well. So suggest me some steps that will help me in the process. If it is the same procedure for my phone also then also let me know about it.

Yes you can try the same method with your phone as well. Do remember that in your phone after having made changes to the phone do not forget to reboot the phone. This will definitely be of great help for you. Also make a point to check out that the phone has disabled the RAM+Card encryption. Yes rest all the procedures remain same for your phone. There is nothing much to specify about here. So do the necessary changes and get back to me if you are able to get the appropriate solution.

Hey thanks a lot everyone it did solve my problem. So thanks a lot everyone for solving the issue. It did really help me. Thanks for specifying about the reboot method because I did not got the necessary changes in the phone and after reading here I restarted the phone and the necessary changes were implemented. I went and disabled the autolock feature of the phone. now everything is done all thanks to you guys.