Thread: Nokia 6700 slide: Can't access my SIM contacts

Nokia 6700 slide: Can't access my SIM contacts

I have place my sim card having all my contact numbers into my Nokia 6700 slide. On the other hand, I can't appear to access the numbers now. While I depart to Menu > contacts, below the 'Phone' contacts I have not anything, and up till now while I alter to ‘Contacts’ it changes to the 'Ovi' menu. I can't memorize how to get reverse to the menu to select Sim contacts. For a few causes, I can't look to duplicate in excess of my SIM contact to my phone, I have been via each menu and there is not anything. I have even taken the sim out and place it back into my previous phone and all the numbers are screening but I just can't seem to access them in any way while putting back into my novel Nokia. I am anxious that I am going to have to write them all out and reconstruct them all physically, surely there's a superior way than this?

Re: Nokia 6700 slide: Can't access my SIM contacts

I have some suggestion for you. It should be in Contacts>Options>Settings>Memory to Display>It will allow you select between phone, phone and sim, sim. It is sensible to have the contacts in phone memory so, while you have put contacts to illustrate sim, utilize the mark all choice and duplicate them over, after that relapse the memory on display to show phone memory only. I wish this will help in your case.

I am having the equal trouble, however I have followed your advice and it just tells me that it is "not capable to access contacts saved to sim memory"! It as well won't access texts that were saved to my sim and tells me to "insert sim card" although it is previously included! I have only had this phone a pair of hours but I previously wish to throw it out the window! There are lots of things I can't work out and this is just one! Any help you can provide would be amazing!

I have as well had problems picking up my contacts from SIM card so I attempted what you recommended but don't seem to have Contacts>Options>Settings>Memory to Display. In its place while I highlight contacts on main menu and options I just get unlock or alter menu view stuff like that? Any thoughts please as am anxious to access all my SIM contacts on a display in the phone sooner than obtainable just via text messaging.

I just acquired one of these remarkable little phones and had the similar problem, and I too was about to throw it out the door and relapse to my old Nokia 6120. I was as well following the suggestion over but no fortune. After that luckily I came across this feature. Choose ’Contacts’ and you will see at the top of the screen a bit white bar with the word 'Contacts' in it, it as well has a bit descend arrow to the right. Use navigation keys to get up to that little bar, while you are there it will highlight after that you have the option of either 'Contacts' or 'Phone' (pass on to the 'old shaped' list of contacts that we have all been seeming for. Choose 'Phone'. This will after that lets the features that are stated over to be activated. Pursue those instructions to make this 'Phone' list eternally displayed on your phone, but the instructions given over will work now.

As installing the SPB Mobile Shell, a system error message emerged on a reboot of my mobile followed by the shell system discontinuing functioning wholly. Since after that, I am currently not capable to access my contacts and continually get the below error message while I try: "Unable to access contacts saved to phone memory". I have attempted both a soft and hard reboot. Later than the hard reboot, reinstated my contacts utilizing PC Suite and at a standstill no change. My firmware is updated too and while I attempted to reinstall the SPB Mobile Shell, I now just get an error message "Please, close Contacts and resume SPB Mobile"