Thread: Nokia N8: unable to restore preinstalled Quickoffice

Nokia N8: unable to restore preinstalled Quickoffice

As I stated in my title that I have Nokia N8 which works nice, but once one of my friend played with my phone and installed some other version of Quickoffice, without touch support. I attempted the whole thing to bring back the preinstalled version which is downloaded from Quickoffice. I just not capable to update and not capable to uninstall existing version. Anyone have any idea about this? Please provide me your advice.

re: Nokia N8: unable to restore preinstalled Quickoffice

If the installed application it reluctant to uninstall, then you might attempt reformatting the phone. For this- type *#7370# into the numeric dialer, verify Yes to rearrange and type the security code (12345 if you have not at all situate a personal code). .I'm not certain if this will eliminate installed applications- it would on Nokia S60 phones, but I'm told it might be dissimilar on Nokia S^3, so all you can do is try.

You can attempt a soft reset and attempt to uninstall the application this time it may work. An easy restart and redo may work a few times. So if you ever determined to do a reset just do a soft reset. Not at all do crises reset. Do a hard reset just at your personal risk, it is a serious choice but it didn't do much harm to me (I actually formatted the group memory), I was able to recuperate all the lost things without doing any reflash, But I can’t guaranty for your case.

Here I also have few suggestions for you and wish you like this. To offer a few explanation, the device reformat (*#7370#) on the Nokia N8 is the similar as the "reset and delete data" choice establish below Factory Settings, it will not effect in the defeat of application like Ovi Maps but it may effect in the defeat of a few home-screen widgets. Please do not utilize the three-fingered technique except your phone won't start by any means.

I purchased Quickoffice Premier 6.2 but I establish a grave trouble. My mobile is a Nokia N8. While I installed Quickoffice for the first time, the whole thing worked flawlessly, but I had a few troubles on my phone and I had to format it (*#7370#). While I attempted to reinstall the Quickoffice which I acquired, was the below message, "Unable to install.” I asked the support of Quickoffice site which says while this occurs you should uninstall the edition which came on the phone to be able to setup the fresher version. But I cannot discover the unique version in my application manager or cannot uninstall the version which approach on my phone, but the version of Quickoffice that arrived with the phone is up and running.

Re: Nokia N8: unable to restore preinstalled Quickoffice

Nokia care needs me to pay about 77 USD to reinstall the unique applications for my Nokia N8. I have enormously irritated from such policy, 1st the outlook can't synchronize the calendar in any way, 2nd nokia suggestion to rearrange the device, 3rd to ask me to pay for that. Even of the outlook is not synchronizing with outlook calendar (with every updates installed) I necessitate to get the usual functions functioning (OVI client, other apps).