Thread: Nokia X6 unlocking side switch fell off

Nokia X6 unlocking side switch fell off

The unlocking side switch of the phone does appears to have fallen from the phone. The phone is around 6 months old and hence it is giving this problem. So I am finding very difficulty in unlocking the phone. I don’t know what to do in this situation? Is it possible to put it back again in the phone. Has anyone faced this similar kind of problem then please share it here. Also is there any alternate method that will solve my problem of unlocking.

Re: Nokia X6 unlocking side switch fell off

Yes in this situation it is best to visit the nokia care center and ask them to solve the problem. So that you can get an get your problem solved. See that’s the physical damaged happened to the phone and hence I would say that in such situation it is best to take your phone to the nokia care center and ask them to get it repaired. This is the best possible solution that I can give it for you in this moment. Now its upon you whether you want to continue with this solution or not.

I would like to add something here. See to it that the phone comes under the warranty period and if the phone does comes under warranty then only they will get it repaired for you. If the phone does not comes under warranty then it is best to contact any third party dealer for the repairing purpose. As the above user said it is a physical damage so it is best to get them repaired from outside. So that’s what the point I am trying to make here. I hope you have understood the problem.

No I cannot completely agree with what you have said here. That is because it depends upon the nokia stores and also the location. The services provided by the nokia people does differ in different countries. So that’s what I have to say here and I must say that keep your first preference as your nokia support and not the third party dealer for your problems. They will get your problem solved. As of now just disable the side switch lock and work on your old phone for some days. Till the new phone gets repaired.

Hey I would advice you to use the pocket lock application from OVI store. See that’s the most useful application that you must give it a try. It is very easy to install and after installing it forget about the side lock for the locking purpose in the phone. Believe me it is a very useful application for yourself and I am sure that it will be of lot of help for you. I cant remember any other application that will come close to your needs. So I hope you have got the point that I am trying to make here.

Hey thanks a lot for the help. You are a true genius and I must say that this supplication did bring a lot of help for me. I was really not aware of such application and I did search for the application in the ovi stores and installed it. Now it is working really very well. Really no use of side lock. Guys you all have really helped me in such terrible situation. Thanks for getting me out of that. Wow i am happy that it is finally working now.