Thread: Nokia N8 phone memory is FULL - applications freezing

Nokia N8 phone memory is FULL - applications freezing

My N8 phone memory is full. All Applications are freezing, the phone restarting automatically. I check memory phone of 256 MB full with USB linked to computer. While I seem inside the folders, not anything in some, no large file in furthers.
    1. Why the phone memory is occupied?
      I did not setup apps on the C drive, I did not place photos, videos or anything there, and I don't exercise email.
    2. Why I cannot discover the files which take up the memory?
      No big file can be seen.
    3. Is this the reason of phone auto resuming and the cause a few applications are deafening, closing in front of my eyes or in the backdrop?

Why, when I get an easy call and I have just a game unlock after the call finishes the game is previously crashed or stopped?

Re: Nokia N8 phone memory is FULL - applications freezing

On my Nokia S60 3rd device, I could simply obstruct the C: drive by simply uploading a few pictures utilizing the WebDAV client (named "Remote Drives" on my Nokia). They are place into a concealed cache on C: and not detached after this. I inquire Nokia regarding this, but did not acquire any rational reply. So the cause for your trouble might only be an insect in a built-in application which is previously known for a long time.

Have you previously attempted to do a power cycle? I mean, pushing the power key for around 10 seconds until you suffer the vibrations and unlock it another time. By the way, I as well wish to ask where is your contact saved? If I am not wrong, contacts are mechanically saved in your phone's memory, so if you have many contacts saved in your phone then that's one of the causes why your memory is being engaged. If power cycle doesn't work, attempt doing a soft reset by dialing *#7780#, these will return back your default settings but it will not remove your files.

While checking the free phone memory, its appeal noting that if you analysis the phone memory properties through a computer, it's usual that the computer shows the phone memory capability being occupied. This is only because the phone memory is read-only memory for the computer applications (not like the mass memory that is read-write for computer and shows free memory). So, the trouble is not of necessity that the phone memory has got occupied. To see the free space on phone memory, utilize File manager application in Menu > Applications > Office, this will show the accurate position of C: phone memory.

I had the identical problem.
    1. As another user suggested, check C drive free space using Apps>Office>File Manager
      That exhibits the correct place.
    2. If you are utilizing swap mail, the removed items inbox is not synchronizing with the exchange itself. This makes all the deleted items to be amassed in phones C drives even though they are removed on server and desktop exchange. Depart to exchange account in your phone and from options choose empty the folder- and remove all the emails in your deleted items box.

This freed up 50 MB of C drive memory for me. I wish this helps to you too.

That was an extremely helpful post. Like many, suspicious after the poor C drive performance with the Nokia N97, I got terror while Windows 7 showed the C drive on the Nokia N8 as being occupied. Maybe Nokia would present their novel partner Microsoft a push to either show that the drive is read only in Windows and thus may not be occupied at all or present an accurate reading but saw it is read only. Further, in that Nokia will have been conscious from lots of posts in the long-ago that cleaning up the C drive is a precedence they might like to setup a program to do that by default. And, not like the one they offered for the Nokia N97, make sure that it is reusable.