Thread: Need Weather widget on Nokia N8

Need Weather widget on Nokia N8

I have purchased my N8 yesterday and wanted to install a shortcut to an weather application at time of the startup screens. So I downloaded an application of Ovi Suite. Thus begins the list of applications, but can anyone tell me how to make a widget so you can link to it from the main screen But I am still unable to do the same I mean I have failed to bring the widget on the home screen. So its my humble request to all the Nokia users please get me a desired solution for this one and also the perfect way to assign the widget.

Re: Need Weather widget on Nokia N8

Well the first thing that you need to clear here is that which application you have downloaded from nokia OVI store because sometimes the name of the applications tends to be similar download the wrong one and wants to behave it in the way we expect it to. So the application matters the most here because if you have downloaded the wrong one then it will surely not give the services that you are expecting from it.

As per the query that you have mentioned in the post I guess you are unable to bring the widget in the screen and to do the same I can help you out. So listen first of all go to the menu and then you have to press a long tap on the home screen and then wait until you are getting a option called “widget catalogue” this options will take you to the editing mode of the widgets that you have installed on the phone and after going there you can select whether to go and which one too choose and here you can also remove the unwanted widgets from the screen.

As asked by you here is the application name which I have downloaded from the Nokia OVI store and that was nothing but the accuweather an d have installed the same immediately. I have also tried doing in the manner which was mentioned by pressing for long on the phone and go in the edit mode of to widget but that too didn’t helped me here. So please give me the solution here that will help me to get the weather updates through the help of widgets.

There is an issue with the application that you have installed on your phone. Because I guess the ovi store on your phone is not updated and hence you are unable to get the updated version of the application you have downloaded. Now here you have to do just one thing first update the Nokia OVI store and then download the application you want and later on install it. I guess that installing any such non-updated application or software may harm your phone.