Thread: Nokia N8 dead Black Screen

Nokia N8 dead Black Screen

I just newly purchased my Nokia N8 mobile, I used it and its works great until a few of hours before, when the screen went black and not anything occurs. I just switched it off and later than that on screen but not anything is there, just show the screen saver with time and date, but nothing happens. What should I do? I really bored now. Just not get what I can do. Anyone have any idea about this? Please provide me your hand to solve this issue.

Re: Nokia N8 dead Black Screen

After seeing lots of problem on this, I guess this is only because the screen is locked. Try the below to unlock it.
    1. Slide the unlock twist on the side of the phone.
    2. Push the menu key after that tap on unlock.
    3. For a short time push the power button after that tap on unlock.

After doing this, go to settings>phone>display and modify the settings to suit you. I wish this will helps you to solve your problem.

I am having the same blank (black) screen issue yesterday. I was playing music and the screen is self-closing, as usual (I have set a security key lock the screen). Now I can see the clock on the screen and when I try to open (with or unlock slider on the screen when you press the START button / menu) only shows me a blank screen and no keypad to write the code. I have not entered the wrong code to lock or anything like that. Please suggest a solution; I cannot restart as well.

I utilize it normal, but a pair of hours before, the screen went black once more. 5 minutes after the set, displays the screen saver (clock and date), but playing in the menu button and the numbers disappear in the darkness, only resolved yesterday, but today nothing seems to be working. I started several times but no answer, however, I get to my repair shop? What’s your suggestion this?

As we only had the phone for a few days I would take him back to where they bought it and ask them to take a look at it. Maybe you can replace it or refund your money. By the way mine does what yours does from time to time and I unlock the screen with the release button on the right side of the phone. You can also try turning off the phone for about 20 to 30 seconds. On again. When the startup screen appears on the marker type *#7780#. The phone goes off in back on. Could / might not solve your problem.

I am currently going through the same problem. The phone goes into screen saver mode and I can see how the clock. Just try to open the slider or the menu goes black. I tried to reset the zoom 3, but nothing has changed. I will try the reset button 4, but only as a last resort, as I know there are some complications with it. The sole purpose of Nokia in my country is far from where I am, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.