Thread: Activation of GPS in nokia C5-03 with no data charge

Activation of GPS in nokia C5-03 with no data charge

Recently I had purchased a Nokia C5-03 after I had exchange the old device for this new one, the features and the function when I personally used the phone was terrific and I was in full mood of activating all the possible features that is inbuilt in that, so I was doing all the steps one by one, but I am stucked up with the activation of GPS, the amount of money that is been deducted in it is a huge one when compared with all the services that is present in it, so I was just thinking of finding a way which will help in activation of this thing without any charge to be provided to it, so is there any of the way that is present in it, please help me in getting the setting for the same.

Re: Activation of GPS in nokia C5-03 with no data charge

I think that there is a way, the technique that I had used was not for this model, but it was for the other model, that was present with me, so I will give you the steps and just see that if it works or not with you, when you are operating the mobile then go in the Menu, and then go in the settings. In setting you will find the option name called as Phone, in that the other option named as Application setting. In the application setting go in the option of Positioning, now go in the Positioning methods and check only integrated GPS which is to be used. If you want then you can also as well stop positioning the server from the menu then in the settings then go in the Phone then go in the Application setting then go in the Positioning, now once you are there then go in the Positioning server, once you have present there then go in the Positioning server and in that go in the disabled option in it.

Thanks for the reply that is provided to me about the problem, I just went through the problem and the solution that is been provided is just working fine and also the money is not been deducted for the service which I am using now, but the thing is that I am now having some of the problem in the downloading the Maps in the AVI format which is to be done in a free method, also not charged to it, but till now the services will be working fine till now, so now how to do this please help me in this thing as it is important to me right now.

One thing I am not able to understand is why is so much of the services that is activated on the mobile of yours, I would tell you that this type of the services which is been used by you will create the problem for you as it is a trick and also the services which you will be using is a bug and also the solution for the same is been done by it , so I feel that that this kind of the service will be closed in a short amount of time, as they cannot leave the system just open with so many of the bug present in it, I am telling you all this because if they see that the all possible thing that is wrong is done by you then it will be creating the problem for you only as they can take some action on it , and also barred you from using the services in a legal way also.

I don’t think that this kind of the action will be taken by the as I have seen that the bug or the door that is present in the system which are been exposed by us is the mistake of their and to remove the same and to notify about the problem to them about the problem also we have to do it, so before that we just make it sure that this kind of the problem is really present or not, to do this we have to see that the mistake is present then after that we have to see that the solution is present and also provide them with the solution that is present to them, this is how we work and also we are recognized as the technical experts who work for them by not been present in the organization of theirs.

I have seen that the OVI maps is been updated frequently, so because of that you have to do some of the setting in that which will help you to get all the setting in it which will help in been updated from the maps which you are asking for, so now the only thing that you have to do is to update yourself in such a way that it will help me you in getting the setting to be done in a right manner, do the following thing to make the setting in it, go in the Menu and then in the Application and in that go in the software update, the other way that can be used by you is to make use of the Nokia OVI suite that is present and it does all the updation of the Maps in the phone. Try with this and see that what you get.

Thank you once again, the solution that you have provided to me is been working for me now, till now whatever solution I asked you for the problem of mine, you were able to provide me with all the explanation that is been provided to me, so I think that you deserve the better place as you have all the knowledge that any of the technical person that has it, so now the phone is in full swing and I am getting all the required features and the function that I wanted to get when I had decided in the past before buying the phone for myself, thank you once again for the help.