Thread: nokia x6 - says sim memory is full

nokia x6 - says sim memory is full

Hi, I am having a Nokia X6 phone. Yesterday only a message was displayed in my phone notifying me that the Sim card memory is full. I am having 32k Sim and very few contacts and messages are stored. When I checked the memory status of my phone as well as that of the Sim, it showed there were still empty spaces left. What shall I do now. Can anyone help me.

Re: nokia x6 - says sim memory is full

Check for the memory space in your nokia X3 phone as well as in the Sim. If the sim card memory is full then go to Menu then select messages. From here go to option and then select sim messages. Select all the messages and choose move option to copy all the messages into the phone memory. If you have contacts in the Sim then go to contacts and move all the contacts into the phone memory. Now you have emptied the Sim memory.

When the Sim memory is full you will see an envelope flashing on the top of the screen in your Nokia X6. This indicates that there is no memory in the Sim. You may get the message alerts but when you browse the inbox you will find no new message has been delivered. So you should delete some of the old messages or copy all the messages from the sim to the phone memory. Don’t try to delete the messages directly from the inbox. I hope this will help you.

Though your Sim card memory might not be full but it shows to be full. The reason is that you were using the sim card on your old phone and have saved the contacts and messages. When you got nokia x6 phone you removed the same sim card from your old phone and inserted it on the new one. Some contacts might be existing in the sim card which your new phone is not showing. Insert the sim card back into the old phone and delete the contacts and then replace it back on your new phone.

Thankyou for all the genuine replies. i did followed your suggestion.i inserted my sim on my old nokia phone and deleted all the contacts. When I put back the sim on my new phone, the envelope that was flashing on the screen just disappeared. Now I don’t have any problem with my Sim card. I feared that the sim card might have damaged and I will have to get the new one.