Thread: Unable to open word files sent from my Nokia 9500 to Nokia E90

Unable to open word files sent from my Nokia 9500 to Nokia E90

Can someone please help me, word documents sent to my E90 from my 9500 will not open; message says: Unable to open file not supported. It all started with traffic data, Contact and Calendar entries are well, but records as predictable, but will not unlock. Nokia recommended using drag and drop, by means of PC suit with 9500 related transfer all the files they required from the phone to my pc, then connect the E90 and reverse the process, the records show, but I cannot opened. Then they told me to e-mail from my computer as an attachment does not work either, no matter how you get the files to the E90 does not seem to be able to open. It is possible to get Word files into an E90 from 9500?

Re: Unable to open word files sent from my Nokia 9500 to Nokia E90

You must first convert 9500 word for word record file MS (with PC Suite) and then move them to E90. You should have saved all the files in Word 9500 on your computer in the form of MS Word, not the default format. I transfer all my files from 9300i to E90 and it works perfectly. If you do not have lots of files, you can at a standstill unlock every one in 9500 and again to save them in MS Word. From what I should work on E90. Hope this helps.

I've searched through both the Nokia 9500 manual and help topics and found many references to open edit and save word files in MS Word, but not anywhere tells how to do it. This is the first time I've ever come across this kind of problem so I'm a virgin territory. So, would you kindly shed some more light on how to achieve the final result to have my word files transferred from my 9500 E90 me, and, finally, I will have to download Quick Office to allow me to open.

Here i must add something. Open the file in 9500; select "Save As" from the menu and you will have a choice in one of the buttons on the right side of the screen format. Press the button and select MS Word format. If you save all your Word files as you should be able to open it for E90. This is from memory only. If I was not clear enough, please let me know and I'll give you more detailed instructions. Good luck.

I opened a file on my 9500 and saved in MS Word 97, then using the PC suit copied from one phone to another but once I get the same message (Unable to open .. unsupported file type ). I do not know if all E90 come with the same programs pre-loaded, mine have a program called Quick Office which says that you can open and manipulate Word files with Excel and Lotus Notes but will first be buy and download software from Nokia to activate it. I've found that if I go to the Quick Office and inscribe a document in Word after that save it, I get the similar message as above while I attempt to unlock it.

This answer is a long time after the original question, but maybe this will help someone, and as it took me many years to find a solution, I felt the need to pass! It turns out that the problem is a bug in an early version of the firmware of the Nokia 9500, namely version 4.44, and was stable version 4.52, so Reflashing the tool with the novel firmware repairs the trouble! I lastly managed to drag a file from Word 9500 on my E90 I IR, which you think should be the simplest thing in the world, such as they’re Communicators, and was likely if you have the correct firmware !