Thread: Nokia E7 hangs on Nimbuzz and Fring

Nokia E7 hangs on Nimbuzz and Fring

I had bought a brand new Nokia E7 Smartphone on which I had been using Fring and Nimbuzz application installed on it. I had downloaded it from the Nokia Ovi software and installed onto my mobile device. When I try to open both the application they usually both hangs up because of which I cannot use any one of the application program. I used both the programs for making call. When I went to Nokia care center they took it for a week and told me that they are unable to remove this problem. As this is the latest phone from the company it should support and work efficiently with the software I want to run on this mobile. Can anyone help me out to resolve this issue of mine?

Re: Nokia E7 hangs on Nimbuzz and Fring

Nimbuzz and Fring are the software used for calling, sending IMs, free text messaging etc. as both required to work as same it might conflict with each other running on the same mobile device. For this purpose I would to recommend you that you should install both the software on different memory storage cards or disk. Store Nimbuzz on phone memory or internal memory and Fring on memory card or the other way round as per your wish. I hope now this would not hang up your application program running on your Smartphone.

I would like to say that try downloading the application program in your case which are Nimbuzz and Fring from valuable sources and not from the Nokia Ovi Suite application. For this you will just need to download the respective software from the vendor’s website. Main benefits will also be that you will be getting update software which will be having more functions. Latest feature will be available using Nimbuzz and Fring. Also you would need to check proper download for your related mobile phone like series 40 or series 60 phones. For you it will be series 60 or the S60 phones.

After giving it a thought and working on your queries I was able to solve the problem given in this website. For this you will need to follow the instructions given below:

1. Uninstall Fring and Nimbuzz from your device
    2. Go to your main menu
    3. Select and open the installed application
    4. Check for the program Fsecure
    5. Open Fsecure
    6. Uninstall security function running on Fsecure
    7. Reinstall Fring

Hope this might help you running the software effectively and your mobile device does not hangs up.

What has FSecure got to do with it? The problem is not Fring or Nimbuzz, but the Symbian OS itself. It has the inherent problem of freezing up.

I have owned numerous Nokia phones as recent as the E72, and each one of them has the same problem. You need to restart the phone atleast twice a day!! The problem will become worse as you install new software.

I was so fed up that I finally switched over to Android. Things are much better now.