Thread: How to install Windows 7 64bit on Dell XPS 400

How to install Windows 7 64bit on Dell XPS 400

Is there anyone who can help me out for installation of windows 7 64bit. Just tell me the instruction to make bootable DVD for 64bit and how to install it because one of my friend told me the way but when I follow his procedure I am stuck at starting window message, so if anyone would help I will be very thankful of him.
    I just wanted to inform you about configuration of my computer:
    • Dell XPS 400,
    • Pentium D,
    • 8gig Ram,
    • Windows XP Professional

Re: How to install Windows 7 64bit on Dell XPS 400

It can be because of slow speed of CPU or Ram, or HDD is not capable of loading OS quickly. You just do one thing you just wait for 15-30 minutes, and check it is loading or not, because it can happen due to slow speed of hardware or just try to dismantle you peripheral and then again reconnect them. I think this will work to fix your problem. Somed time it happens that windows does not load because of hardware one it is being loaded then your system will work properly. If then too it don’t work for you then just remove all USB from your Cabinet and then try to load the windows

Best of Luck!!!

Thanks for your kind help and suggestion. As you told me I have tried all the tricks and things but I m not able to fix my problem. As you told me to remove every USB I have done that also but my windows is not loading it is hanging on starting message only. As you told me to wait for 30 minutes I waited for 1 hour but its not working and the I also check in BIOS setting but every option over there is perfect. I am not getting what to do now if you have any other idea then please do reply I am there for your presious suggestion. Thanks a lot

If above things are not workin then try removing your video card and running on onboard video during the install. And if you have the PS2 cord for keyboard then use that, check for the power supply CPU DVD Rom, Ram. If possible then update your bios to A07, try and see what happens? Then too these steps don’t work for you then according to me it might be the memory issue, check your pervious OS whether it was 32 bit or any other. It it was 32 bit I won’t work. Change the memory let your computer must know about 8gig of Ram and see what happens. This way must work for you all the best….