Thread: Dell Vostro 1510: Black screen after installing VGA display driver

Dell Vostro 1510: Black screen after installing VGA display driver

I have a Dell Inspiron 1510 and expired the guarantee in September 2009. I have recently formatted my hard disk to reinstall Windows XP. When I install the VGA display driver Nvidia 8400M GS graphics card, the screen is pink something funny or a space with a few rows up or down. I installed the drivers provided to me my Dell. Is it hardware or software problem? How to tackle the problem? if anyone has any idea than please provide me. Thank you in advanceā€¦.

Re: Dell Vostro 1510: Black screen after installing VGA display driver

I have Dell Vostro 1o 510. Its warranty ends from some days its display going to tremble after 3 to 4 hours nonstop exercise and later than a few times it exhibits lots of horizontal and vertical lines and later than it going to white coloring between a bit it once more work and after a short time once more show the earlier trouble and laptop as well going to more warm. Can somebody please tell what is the trouble with my laptop display is it display trouble or any other hardware trouble.

I updated the BIOS software. I connected to an external display monitor and it worked well, but not always. I have extended warranty and Dell technical support says it's a LCD trouble. But I'm not sure. I searched online and some people have opinions and NVIDIA graphics cards have these troubles and some say it's the DELL LCD screen that has issues. This also put me in a quandary about what company provided laptops goods and services!

My trouble has been solved by Dell. Fortunately, they had extended my warranty earlier than the much debated trouble Dell support was real cool. Although it took some time to figure out the problem, I finally got the laptop repaired and in better condition with worn parts replaced by a new one. The problem, as they assumed it was with the motherboard. Since Nvidia graphics card is built into the motherboard. So every mother had to be replaced by the new. It seems that this may be due to troubles that concern heat sink to the motherboard or defective graphics card. Please make certain your laptop is the warranty coverage that will save you wealth!

Lucky. I bought my dell vostro1510 two years, and needless to say, I have the extended warranty haven’t done. It was working fine, until one day the screen just goes blank with a black vertical stripe in the middle. Then they changed it to sway white lines and then just go black color with a burned tissue in the corners. At first I thought it was a problem with the LCD. My tech told me that his graphics card technology, and as apparently is soldered to the motherboard, cannot guarantee that my comp will work later. Generally, Guess I'll have to pull your laptop! Dell support is good, but they are cool. Congratulations to the poor and useless craft dell.

Completely agree with you. I'm considering buying another laptop, but this time I'm totally confused as to what brand. Throughout the year, I had several problems with my Dell laptop. Is all set free, and which is under full coverage. But how long can we measure the warranty? Instead prefer to invest more and buy a Mac is the best, no doubt. There are some pretty good settings, and also, I might add, renovated Mac is good business. But people who are not so contented with the Mac configurations, for Windows- IBM is the best too.