Thread: Toshiba Satellite L505D-SP6905R not working properly

Toshiba Satellite L505D-SP6905R not working properly

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505D-SP6905R running Windows 7 (32 bits).
    I am not sure but in last few days my system did a windows update process automatically and after that the computer has started to work erratically. Whenever my laptop boots, it displays the boot manager menu , even if I don’t press F12 or any other key. I am unable to find what must have gone wrong that it is behaving this way. Now every time I had to select the boot drive before I can continue working. Does anyone have any good solution for my trouble then please help me.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L505D-SP6905R not working properly

You must try to restore your BIOS settings. Also check for updates for your BIOS and install the latest version of available BIOS. You said that you must had installed some windows update, so there is a high chance that it must have hampered or changed you settings, which is why your system is behaving crazy all of a sudden. You should also check whether all your hardware connections are proper and not loose. Sometimes loose connections can also lead to your system crashes. I hope you are able to correct your problem with my help.

So the problem started after that automatic windows update. Did you install any other application around that time? I strongly feel that your system is attacked by virus. Don’t you perform complete scan of your system? Is your antivirus updated? I would recommend you to update your antivirus to the latest available updates and do a complete scan of your system. There is a possibility that your system files must have got corrupted with some sort of virus or malware. Or your BIOS must have got corrupted with the virus attack.

I always keep my antivirus updated and perform complete system scan time to time. No virus was detected. I tried updating the BIOS, performed it many times but with no success. Now I have started facing few more problems. Whenever Windows is starting, my laptop freezes for 5-30 secs making a very loud alert sound. As the sound ends, the Windows continue to work normal. I am frustrated by trying so many times to rectify the problem and solve it, but always unsuccessful. Help will be appreciated.

Have you tried performing the system restore? You should probably try that and roll you’re your system to the date on which your laptop was working perfectly fine without any trouble. Windows 7 System Restore utility can do advance recovery to restore the system even to its original settings.
    • Click on start and go to Control Panel.
    • Select System and Security option.
    • Click on Action Center link.
    • Select Recovery.
    • Click on Open system Restore button and click on next button.
    • Choose the Restore point to which you want your system to roll back to.
    • Click next button and finally Finish to start system restore.
    • Restart your laptop when prompted.

Normally a windows update does not affect the BIOS settings, so there won’t be any BIOS or driver issue. It sounds like a hard drive issue to me. You should verify the Hard Drive and check whether it is working ok or not. You can use Toshiba’s utility and CHKDSK to check if your Hard drive is perfect or not. Also check for the boot order settings in the bios and see what it has for the first boot drive. It might prove to be helpful if your system is looking in the wrong place for boot files and thereby making it possible to bring up the selection menu. If nothing helps, I fear you have only 1 option left. Re-install your OS after formatting your laptop.