Thread: How to find which country maps are installed in Nokia N8

How to find which country maps are installed in Nokia N8

I am one of those proud owners of Nokia N8 Smartphone. I don’t have that much technical knowledge, so I needed some help. I am a UK based person so the only thing I am sure about is that at least UK’s map will be installed in my phone. Which other countries map is installed by default in my Nokia N8. So I want to know, is it possible to check which maps are pre-installed in my Nokia N8. Anybody have any idea regarding my query, please help. Suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: How to find which country maps are installed in Nokia N8

There is very less possibility that other countries map will be installed in your mobile by default. You can easily check which maps are installed in your mobile. You just need to connect your mobile to your PC and open OVI Suite. Go to Maps and click on Phone icon. Select ‘All’ and you will be able to view all the maps installed in your Nokia N8. Yes, it is possible to install more than one countries map. You should probably contact Nokia Care Center for more assistance. Hope I helped you out. Enjoy.

Thank you for the quick reply. It worked. Only UK’s map is presently installed in my mobile. I usually travel a lot so I wanted to know whether it is possible for me to get maps of other countries installed in my N8. I have got OVI Maps pre-installed in my Nokia N8 but I am unable to figure out how and from where to download a map of a different county. I tried the search for maps of different countries but all I get are guides etc. How do I get the map of other countries now? Or should I have to wait until I reach over there and download it from there? Please help.

The default location in Ovi Maps is your current position in the world, so if you are in India, where I'm going to take, because all the other services available on Ovi MAPS are related to their position, for example, move to a place where I am, events, restaurants that are around me, etc.To ensure that you can change to the map of UK, just look for a place in the India, for example, Mumbai, Delhi, etc and the map will take you there. Then try to zoom the selected city street. If you have the map installed on your mobile (Nokia N8 in your case), you should not see the data that are downloaded on the map screen

Currently I'm in Berlin and I had gone to London last week. But before leaving Germany, I downloaded the map of USA, and when I got there, I just loaded Ovi Maps. This made it possible for me to use the map of Washington DC and New York without any trouble. Thus I didn’t had to download the map from the air. So that means you really don’t have to visit the place if you want to install the map of a particular country. You can search for country maps by visiting the official sites of OVI store or OVI maps. Hope it helped you.

Go to OVI Maps application on your Nokia N8 and go to the following path to check its version. Icon >> About Maps >> Version. Check if the version is v3.03 11wk07 or any other earlier version. If it is the earlier version then you should visit the OVI Store and download the latest version of OVI Maps. In the latest version of OVI Maps there is “UPDATE” icon which allows us to install any countries map in our phone by using WLAN access point on our Nokia N8. We can use the OVI Suite to download more maps for our mobile.