Thread: Help to reduce Ambient Light sensor effect in Nokia N8

Help to reduce Ambient Light sensor effect in Nokia N8

Hi I recently purchased my new Nokia N8 and it is really a master piece in its own way. I totally love it. But there is a small problem which I am facing. I am suffering from visual problems so I want to disable the “ambient light sensor” property of my cell phone because sometimes they give a lot of strain to my eyes, which is very painful sometimes. I tried to find the solution myself but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know how we can disable or reduce the effect of the ambient light sensors? Please help me. Suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Help to reduce Ambient Light sensor effect in Nokia N8

You should probably go to the following path to adjust the light sensors.
    • Click on the Menu button or icon.
    • Click on the Settings and Phone icon.
    • Select Display and then choose Light time-out.
    • Finally to adjust the light sensor, this is responsible for all the lighting conditions and display brightness, Select Light Sensor option.

I hope these simple steps will lead you to the option of disabling the light sensors in your Nokia N8.

Thank you for replying so quickly, but it did not help me in anyways. I am still facing the same problem. I have read it that the Ambient Light sensor in Nokia N8 works according to the exposed amount of light in the ambient, very much similar to the new LED TV. Technology is very advance but lack in functionality. I hope Nokia developers must have taught about peoples like me who face visual problems. Now this light sensor is really driving me crazy. I really like it but unfortunately I have get rid of it. Hope someone comes up with something better option to disable the light sensors.

I was also facing the same problem a while back. My light sensor also drove me crazy at times. It is too sensitive and starts fading up and down with the slightest brush of your finger. It got even worst while playing games. And if you realized, with certain type of lights the colors of the theme changes by itself, like the black one becomes brown-copper. It doesn’t distinguish well among colors which is creating more troubles for people. There is no way you can get rid of this problem unless you use some software which can easily control all this. Search for “Lightctrl” application on Internet. Download it and install it in your Nokia N8. It works perfectly fine on N8 and will solve all your problems related to Light sensor. Hope I helped you.

There is a way to disable the light sensor but it involves installing mod in your Nokia N8. Remember the mod software is a strict no-no for any hacked phones. Also you should install it in your mobile at your own risk. They have worked well for many but at the same time they have created few troubles for others. You just search for Nokia N8 mods v4.00 on Internet. Download it and install it in your mobile. Light sensor disable option will solve your problems. It has got many solutions which will change the entire look and feel of your Nokia N8. Enjoy.

The Installation steps for Nokia N8 mods v4.00 are:
    • Download the mods v4.00 file, which is usually zip file and unzip it.
    • Transfer the files to your mobile, if you have downloaded it in your PC.
    • Sign the .sis with your own cert.
    • Run the signed .sis.
    • Select the mods that you like to install ("Light Sensor Disable" in your case).
    • REBOOT the phone.

The steps to uninstall the mods are:
    • Use normal uninstall apps method to uninstall the mods.
    • REBOOT the phone to bring the changes into affect.
    • All will back to original state.