Thread: Toshiba satellite L305d having boot and power jack problem

Toshiba satellite L305d having boot and power jack problem

I am having a Toshiba satellite L305D-S5934 laptop with windows 7 operating system installed. I am having a problem with it. The system doesn’t boot when I switch on the power. Upon the startup the fan spins and the LED of the DVD drive blinks but the hard drive light HD remains silent. Even the HD light doesn’t seem to be blinking. Last night I forgot to turn it off and it went to the hibernate state. The point where AC adapter cord is connected is loose due to which battery does not charge properly. Please somebody help me to resolve this problem.

Re: Toshiba satellite L305d having boot and power jack problem

The laptop was on overnight and went to hibernate state .This happened because the charge of the laptop finished. As the charge of the battery has completely drained so when you tried to power on the laptop it was turned off before it could boot. Connect the laptop to the AC power source and leave it for some time. Meanwhile don’t switch on the laptop. See if the light that indicates the charging action is glowing or not. After few minutes try to switch it on.

Remove the battery from your laptop and then plug the AC adapter cord. Now try to switch it on. See if the system boots. If the system boots then there is no problem with the mother board or BIOS. The battery might have completely discharged and this is the reason it is unable to get the charge back. If the battery is damaged then replace it with the new one. Don’t try to use that battery in any other laptop.

You said that the charging point of your laptop is loose. This can be also the reason why your battery is not getting charged though it is connected to AC power source. If the power socket is connected to the motherboard of your laptop then you have to replace the mother board. If the socket is connected with the wires then you can easily get it replaced at a very low price. So take the laptop to the service center and find out.

There is a possibility of motherboard getting damage. The loose socket might have caused power spikes which would have resulted to motherboard damage. But before concluding to get the motherboard changed you should take it to the service center and find out what the actual problem is. If there is any issue with the loose socket then get it repaired. Loose connection is very hazardous to laptop so always try to avoid it.