Thread: Unable to control volume by phone on Bluetooth headset in N8

Unable to control volume by phone on Bluetooth headset in N8

Nokia’s latest handset N8is launched only few days back and I was waiting for this handset from long time. I bought it last week, on the very first day I found one problem and it’s I am not able to change the volume of my Bluetooth headset by phone. I really worried because I bought it from other town and in the same town there is Nokia service center and I don’t go there so frequently. So guys please help me out is there any change in the settings of Bluetooth headset or phone. I am able to change volume via Bluetooth headset only.

Re: Unable to control volume by phone on Bluetooth headset in N8

Mate first let me tell you that it’s an issue with the N8 not only with your headset, In this headset only volume control thing have to be done via Bluetooth headset’s hardware only. There is no option with on phone’s software button and hardware to control the volume. You can do only one thing you can decrease the volume to the lowest level i.e mute so either it will be at full level it will be mute. Even I bought the same handset in last month I was quite shocked after experiencing such thing on Nokia.

Well I must say a very good thread I haven’t found such thread about Nokia N8, I have visited it’s official forums too till now nobody posted it, We need to push this up as I thing yet nobody noticed this thing in their N8. So at least if anybody is planning to buy a new N8 at least he will be aware of it or may be Nokia will manufacture the advance version for this bug, very good observation guys. I was planning to buy this phone but I have to go through these forums to find others bugs or problems in this phone. Thank for posting.

Hey guys I have one solution for you guys, this is especially for those who want to control their volume of handset via their phone like while driving, You guys should try Nokia BH-217 mono Bluetooth handsfree, I am using it from last two months I haven’t faced any problem via controlling volume from my phone. But the problem with this hardware is, there is no volume control on the handsfree so there will be only one way to adjust volume and that is via phone.

Yeah, this problem is really very annoying sometimes. I am using SE MW 600 with N8 PR1.0, I had some problem with my A2DP i.e Advance audio distributed profile audio controls. I was able to control headset by headset volume adjust option as well as from my phone, but volume control wasn’t shown on my phone in fact it was on head set volume slider. But the problem is whenever a phone or alarm rings on phone headset automatically goes to mute mode.

Well guys thanks a lot for your advice and thanks for telling me that this problem is not only with my headset lol. Using SE MW 600 is got option only in offline mode to listen music otherwise it will be more annoying. But going through these forums I found that I guy using Jabra BT3030 he updated his headset firmware to 1.33 and the volume was decreased to bare able level. So this also a solution hope Nokia will give the best solution for this bug. Thank you guys for giving me good suggestions.