Thread: Toshiba Tecra M9 laptop failed to start when replaced with new High Capacity battery

Toshiba Tecra M9 laptop failed to start when replaced with new High Capacity battery

Hi, I am having a Toshiba tecra m9 laptop, with windows 7 operating system installed in it. The laptop is having a boot problem since I installed a new battery replacing the old one. The previous battery which I used was the original one and the new battery which I am using now is of high capacity with 12 cell, 11.1v. Since I had tried to boot the laptop without battery it was ok. Again when I replaced back the battery the system is unable to boot. Can anybody please tell me what the problem is.

Re: Toshiba Tecra M9 laptop failed to start when replaced with new High Capacity battery

You tried to power on the laptop by removing the battery there was no problem in booting but when you placed back the battery the problem again occurred. Since you changed the battery there was the change in hardware. So my opinion to you is to update the Bios of your system. So get the latest BIOS update installed in the system. As it is not the original battery I advise you to get the appropriate one and let me know if it helped you

Re: Toshiba Tecra M9 laptop failed to start when replaced with new High Capacity battery

You said that the battery which you are using currently is the high capacity battery .this might be the reason why your system is failing to boot. Never use the battery of the brand other than Toshiba. High capacity battery delivers more current to the laptop and its components. This can damage the CMos and other hardware parts. Replace the battery and get the original Toshiba battery .you can take the reference of the model number from the previous battery of your laptop

Your new battery might have some manufacturing defect. The battery dies when the system starts to boot. Order the new battery from the Toshiba service center. The rating of the battery that you are using might not be compatible with your laptop. Install the original Toshiba battery and then run the Toshiba recovery disc to reset to the default configuration.

After so many researches I landed to the conclusion that the new battery which I installed was unsupported by the laptop due to which it was unable to boot. The laptop was getting the power but as soon as it started to boot the battery was completely discharging. Now I am using the original Toshiba battery and the system is having no problem in booting. Thank you all for your kind advice and support.