Thread: Unable to Install Windows7 on DELL Vostro 1400

Unable to Install Windows7 on DELL Vostro 1400

Hello friends I making use of this Dell Vostro 1400 which was initially having this Windows Xp operating system installed on it and I wanted to get the Windows 7 version of the operating system to install on this laptop so as to make use of the new features, but since the day I have looked to install this Windows 7 on my laptop I am getting an error while trying to install it and so not able to do so , so can someone help me to know that what is the problem with this laptop.

Re: Unable to Install Windows7 on DELL Vostro 1400

Dude first all make sure that you are having the right kind of a formatting CD with you such that you are having the correct and the proper formatting CD with you, since it could be possible that the CD might be having some kind of a glitch which is restricting it from getting to install on your laptop, so first make sure that CD is in proper condition to get it installed.

Dude I would want to know that are you making use o the latest and updated BIOS on your laptop, if you don’t then I please request you to upgrade the same and then see you can get to install the Windows 7 operating system. I would recommend that you should look to flash the laptop with the help of a latest 2.1 SLICed bios and then see if you can get it install the operating system after that.

Remove the hard disk from your system and take the same to some different laptop and install the same on it and then see if you are able to install the Windows 7 Operating System on it, if you are still unable to do so than I think that there is some kind of a problem with the hard disk and it has to be either get repaired if possible or replaced by a new one to get the installation of the operating system done perfectly.