Thread: Microsoft Lifecam crashes after boot

Microsoft Lifecam crashes after boot

I am using the windows XP on mine system and I have also installed the new Microsoft Lifecam on mine system and I have installed the Microsoft Lifecam as steps given by the Microsoft. Once I complete the installation and then I have restarted the system and then I went to open the Microsoft Lifecam. While doing this I have go this message “LifeCam.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close” and after that mine Lifecam application closed. Now i don’t know what to do, is there anyone to solve this issue and so that I can use mine Lifecam.

Re: Microsoft Lifecam crashes after boot

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this follows the steps below: make stroke on the start and then click on the control panel. Now under the control panel go to the Appearance and Themes and after that make hit on the Display. Now under the display go to the setting tab and after that make stroke on the advance. Now on the advance tab make click on the Troubleshoot tab, shift the Hardware speeding up slider manage to the third location (as of the left) and then make hit on the ok. While you doing this you will get the one dialog box and under that make hit on the ok to close. Once you complete now make hit on the ok on display program and after that go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you the following suggestion and so that you can solve this issue. To do that make go to the Microsoft hardware site. Now you will get the hard ware site and under that on the Select type of product box, choose Webcams and after that on the Select your product box, pick your LifeCam product. Now on the Select your operating system box, choose your Windows edition and then on the Select your operating system language box, choose your windows language. Now once you complete this make hit on the go button. And after that you will get the option to download the newest Lifecam and after that you can use this one. I hope this will help you lot.

I had the same crisis and error message as above and I have tried lot suggestion and it doesn’t help me. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, turning off the antivirus software, download software from the Microsoft site and still no success. I kept getting the similar memo. At last I go back to this piece of useless items and purchase the Microsoft LifeCam VX 5500. I set up the software and the camera and works entirely. Run the tool bar and special effects. I hope this will help you lot to solve your issue.

I would like to suggest you to install the newest video driver and so that you can solve your issue. to do this follow the steps below:
    1. Go to the start and then make hit on the run.
    2. Now under the run type dxdiag and then hit the ok button.
    3. Now you will get the one application and under that go to the display tab.
    4. After that go to the device and under that on the Name field along with the Manufacturer field, provide the information of your video device.
    5. Once you complete this make hit on the exit and then restart your system and then go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you to perform the System Configuration Utility and after that you can make use of the Lifecam. To do these follow the steps below:
    1. Go to the start and then type the msconfig in the run program and after that make hit on the OK button.
    2. Now on the System Configuration Utility go to the general tab and then hit on the Selective Start up.
    3. Now go to the service tab and after that make unchecked mark on the Hide All Microsoft Services check box and after that make hit on the disable all button.
    4. After that make hit on the OK a then restart your system. I hope this will help you lot to solve your issue.