Thread: Toshiba Satellite A665-S6070 Media Touch Buttons Unresponsive

Toshiba Satellite A665-S6070 Media Touch Buttons Unresponsive

I had the Satellite A665-S6070 for about a month and recently even touch the keys of the media, which are next to the power button only the function keys (Wi-Fi on / off mute, volume, etc), not now respond. Are you still lights do not work. I tried to reboot the system to just new, but that did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I.e. In my next restart button completely crazy, I think that all the commands that were "stacked” and are now caught. For example, my volume is continuous. If anyone ahs ant idea about this than please help me.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A665-S6070 Media Touch Buttons Unresponsive

Here I have some solution for you. See if you can restore things like this. With the AC adapter and battery detached, close the switch for half a minute. Replace, push the power button to turn the computer and without delay push the F2 key when the Toshiba logo on the screen. Push F9 to restore BIOS default settings, push F10, and after that choose Yes (Exit Saving Changes). The computer restarts.

I found a different way to solve this problem.
    1. Download nircmd.exe file and unzip it into C: \ Windows
    2. Toshiba Develops Help application start / programs / Toshiba / Utilities
    3. Select optimize / Toshiba button support
    4. In the window there is an alternative called button name, choose MUTE
    5. In the target path choose the path where the file nircmd.exe
    6. This choice place the nircmd.exe mutesysvolume 2 (This alternative to change the system volume among the mute and usual state).
    7. Finally, push the Record button and done.

I'm having a similar problem with the media touch buttons on my a665. When I turn the computer on random buttons and turn them off my short wireless and mute the volume of un-mute itself and the ecological value and turns off randomly. I discovered that I could temporarily solve the problem by turning off the buttons from the operating system. I thought the problem was with the link to the motherboard and obtained the keyboard out to test the connection. While I twisted the laptop on the buttons work once more for a short of time, began having the same trouble. I after that checked the connection and was at a standstill secured in its slot, so I called Toshiba support to perceive what they could do.

Very Soon after I bought my Satellite A665-S6095 notebook I restarted after installing Windows updates and realized my media touch buttons do not respond as described above, but who responded to my visual and audible contact, but not perform assigned actions. I tried several of their solutions and other users ", but the only one that seemed to work was to return to the previous restore point to Windows Update ... it was not a solution anyway.

I have not uninstalled all because the first thing I always do without a new machine is to disable all 3rd party software at startup and Services. There should be no work because of a problem unless the trouble is below the application layer of these programs. Actually, I'm going to start a new thread with some more questions on this topic. I would like to know more about this, since it seems to be a well known issue now.