Thread: Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965: BIOS Update Failure

Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965: BIOS Update Failure

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965, which was interrupted in the middle of a BIOS update. Turns on but nothing shows the lights of the network adapter and they are solid and the fan is running. I tried connecting an external monitor with FN + F5, but was unsuccessful. I wonder what brand the BIOS and if it was a recovery tool? Every idea is awesome! Please provide your hand.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L505D-S5965: BIOS Update Failure

I'm looking for the correct BIOS for this notebook brand specific. I made a little progress, when I remove the hard drive, battery, and RAM and try to recover through restarts CD three times in a row and off. I guess you are looking for something that is not exactly found in the CD while reading. I renamed the .Fd file as BIOS.fd and attempted the boot CD deals with the Toshiba BIOS downloads.

Had similar problem with my BIOS A305-S6898 Satellite 64-bit Vista Ultimate system within Windows. Just say my system was ideal for two whole days and nights. For more than a dozen times and successfully. To drag a friend to take. They are plugged in, hold the Power button, but the power was on. HDD light blinked once and I thought the fan is running. Long story short (I know, too late), there are instructions in the program, how to burn a DVD containing the BIOS Recovery Embedded .iso file. I'll try again this morning and let you know how it works.

Unfortunately, when our administration saw this with his contacts in Toshiba technology, it seems that the BIOS cannot guarantee any laptop would be individual, even within the same exact model. Therefore, nobody can say for sure what the BIOS chip providers that are on your drive. Apparently the only way to know for sure, if you cannot get the BIOS to start with is to disassemble and look at the BIOS chip itself.

I totally ignore what is trying to do here. Normally, when you get a BIOS upgrade, you have to do anything for it. Download the file to a floppy or CD and boot from now on "DOS" as the way, never in Windows and everything must be done before loading the operating system. The file is called now, and maybe run automatically from the external environment must come to a command mode and then run it, nothing else to do. This is my own experience; I've done a few BIOS updates!

The problem I'm facing is the LCD screen actually shows nothing at this time. Updating the BIOS has not left me with few options for repair. I hope it does re-record the use of CD, as it tries to read what's on the CD I'm feeding. The other issue is that it does not seem to get the expected response of the laptop after reading these CD's that I'm burning the BIOS file on them. I do not think I'm getting the default file name looks right for the mother reflash.