Thread: ASUS G73JW Error: Cannot find a compatible SRS audio device at installation

ASUS G73JW Error: Cannot find a compatible SRS audio device at installation

Hello friends I am facing some kind of a weird problem with the ASUS G73JW notebook that I am using, actually yesterday I formatted my notebook so as to install a new version of the Windows 7 operating system, but the problem that I faced after the formatting while installing the sound driver since I was not getting to hear and since after the formatting we have to install all the respective drivers, so while installing the Realtek sound driver I got a error message saying that the “Cannot find a compatible srs audio device at installation” and I am unable to get it installed, so can someone help me to know that what is the problem and how can I get this thing corrected.

Re: ASUS G73JW Error: Cannot find a compatible SRS audio device at installation

Dude are you installing the correct drivers respective of the motherboard that you are having, what I think that this kind of a thing that is the error that you are getting can also happen when there is something difference in the version of the drivers that you have installed on your laptop so make sure that you are installing the one which is compatible with the motherboard that you are making use off.

The SRS error that you are getting on your system is nothing but the sound card that is installed onto your laptop, what I think that the sound card might have got damaged due to various reason and that is the reason why you are facing some problem while trying to install the sound driver onto your system, you will have to get this thing replaced by a completely new piece of a card on your notebook.

Dude first of all check in the device manager whether or not are you getting the audio, sound hardware detected on the device manger or not, since this is the one which actually helps you to know whether or not the hardware is present in the device or not, so if it is not present there then the drivers that you are trying to install will not cause any effect and due to that you can even face some kind of a error of undetected audio device, so check this out first and if you don’t find it over there then unfortunately you will have to give your laptop to get it fix.

If you have got the knowledge about the internal parts of the notebook then I would request you that you should open the laptop case and see to it that the sound card is perfectly inserted at the slot and that you will have to look to remove and see if there is nothing wrong with it and then clean the slot with a piece of cloth and the again inserted the card back again and see if it works or not after that.