Thread: SD micro memory card showing ‘memory card error’ message

SD micro memory card showing ‘memory card error’ message

I had taken some important pictures from my camera and used a SD micro memory card to store it. Whenever I am trying to view the clicked pictures on my camera, it is showing 'memory card error' message. Every time I try to read the pictures, it asks me if I want to format the memory card. And if I select yes then I will be losing all my stored data in it? But it is showing that I am able to click pictures and the problem arises only while viewing them. Please help me. I want my data back as they are very important to me.

Re: SD micro memory card showing ‘memory card error’ message

Did you try viewing the pictures after transferring them to your PC or laptop? You can use a SD micro memory card reader to transfer those images from your camera to your laptop or PC. And if you don’t have any card reader then you can try transferring the pictures with the help of USB data cables. You should probably transfer pictures from your camera to PC and check if you are able to do so and view them on your PC. If it is viewable then you can easily store them in your PC.

First I tried transferring the picture to my PC via external card reader. But it showed the same error message as it was showing in my camera. Here also it is asking whether I want to format by micro SD card or not. I even tried using the USB but I again ran unlucky. The only thing I get is “Memory card error” and nothing else. This thing is really annoying me now. Do I have any chance of getting back my lost data? If yes then what should I do? Do I need to install any particular software? Any solution then please say it and help me.

If you format your micro SD card then for sure you will lose all the pictures and other data that you have stored in it. Your card has got corrupted. You can recover your lost pictures from your cards only by using some Picture Recovery Software. I am not sure whether you will be getting any free version of that. But you can search for it on Internet and download the free version of the software. And if you ready to shell out some money, you can surely find many paid version of Picture Recovery Software. Mostly you will be able to just see the preview of your lost photos from your micro SD card after installing the free version.

I myself have gone through this trouble. I had accidently deleted my kid’s Birthday pictures. Then one of my friends suggested me to use kernel Photo recovery tool. Though it is paid versions of software but believe me it will recover all your pictures within few minutes. It is powerful enough to recover all lost pictures from the corrupted or formatted memory card. Do not use the memory card when you are recovering pictures from it.

You can use any of the following data recovery tools to recovery your lost or accidentally deleted data from your storage drive.
    Recuva, PC INSPECTOR File Recovery, Pandora Recovery, DataRecovery, SoftPerfect File Recovery, Undelete Plus, FreeUndelete, ADRC Data Recovery Software Tools, Glary Undelete. You can search for more in Internet.
    Always remember following points before recovering data from your memory storage:
    • Do not use the memory card when you are recovering pictures from it.
    • Do not install the software on the hard drive from where you want to recover data.
    • We should not save the recovered files on the hard drive that you’re recovering.