Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Battery icon missing in Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905

Portable Devices

Old 08-04-2011

Battery icon missing in Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905

I am using Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905. It was working problem free till yesterday night. But when I started my Laptop today morning I was surprised to know that the battery icon in the system tray has disappeared. It has gone missing. I am unable to find the reason behind this problem. Does anyone know what must have caused this thing to happen? Do anyone have any solution to get rid of this problem. If anybody has any suggestion, then please help me. It will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-04-2011

Re: Battery icon missing in Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905

Did you install any update or any application yesterday night? If you had then there are chances that the installed file or update must have caused your battery icon to go missing from the system tray. I would suggest you to update your antivirus and perform a complete scan of your system to check whether your system is attached by any sort of virus, malware or any other germs. You must scan your system periodically to keep your system away from viruses. If virus had affected any of your system files then probably more trouble will be created.
Old 08-04-2011

You can enable the missing system icons, if you think they vanished. Right-clicking on the taskbar (which is at the bottom of the screen) will enable a list of options to appear. Click on Properties which will make the “Taskbar and Start Menu Properties“ window to appear. Please "check" the checkbox near the power. Click on the Customize button which you can find in the icon area. Look for the battery icon and check its status in the behavior column. Change the status of battery icon to "Always Show" and click on OK button. Finally click on Apply. The Battery Meter will be again visible in the tray. Don’t forget to restart your system. Hope this small method helped you.
Old 08-04-2011

I also faced this particular problem a while back and solved it by applying the following trick. First of all detach the battery while your laptop is shut down, and then re-attached it. Now On your laptop and after you reach the windows screen follow these steps:
  • Go to Process tab.
  • Delete or kill the "explorer.exe" process
  • Go to Applications tab
  • Select "New Task"
  • Type "explorer.exe"
And your battery icon will be back in your system tray.
Old 08-04-2011

Click Start >> run. Type regedit and press enter. Navigate to these two locations;
(Click + sign to enter within a particular directory)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\LocalSettings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
  • Right-click on the IconStreams registry entry and choose Delete. Select Yes when the message box appears.
  • Right click on the PastIconsStream registry entry and choose Delete. Select Yes when the message box appears.
  • Finally exit Registry Editor.
Now Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Old 08-04-2011

It was so kind of you people to reply to my post so quick. Thank you so much for all your solutions, they really helped me a lot. I had scanned my system for virus detection and luckily did not find any. The second solution of enabling the battery icon by going to the “Taskbar and Start Menu Properties” did help me. Just for gaining knowledge I tried the last one. I followed the path after starting the regedit window. I never knew something like this ever existed. It is also working. Once again thanks a lot.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,