Thread: Toshiba Satellite M645-S4050 backlights keep flashing.

Toshiba Satellite M645-S4050 backlights keep flashing.

I had brought a Toshiba Satellite M645-S4050 laptop few months back. Recently I have started facing this particular problem with the backlight touch buttons. When I turned my laptop on, the Toshiba Satellite logo and the strips on the touchpad were glowing, though I never turned them on. Also the touch buttons on top; near the power button, always keep flashing even after I touch them to stop the flashing. This flashing continues as long as I am working on my laptop. The flashing stops only when the Windows logo is displayed while loading the OS.

Re: Toshiba Satellite M645-S4050 backlights keep flashing.

I was facing the same problem. Tried a lot of solution and finally this method helped me. You should remove the battery and AC adapter of your laptop and close the Power switch for ten seconds. Re-attach them and press the Power button to turn on the computer. As soon as the system starts, you should immediately press the F2 function key while the Toshiba logo is displayed. Now press F9 function key to restore the BIOS default settings. Press F10 function key and select Yes to Exit after saving the changes. This will make your laptop restart. Check whether you still face the same problem after restart.

You said that the problem started all of a sudden after using your laptop for almost few months. According to me the motherboard must have got damaged because of some problems like over heating or physical damage. And this must be causing the back lights to keep flashing continuously. Or it might be possible that in recent time your laptop must have got infected with virus, which must have infected some system files or any utilities which are controlling the backlighting. You should probably scan your entire system and delete any virus if detected.

Thanks for your quick posts but unluckily nothing seems to be working for me now. I tried those steps to load default setup. It helped me for a while but the problem started again with some more problems. Now the eco, play/pause and the arrow buttons to turn the backlights on and off is not working. When I power up the laptop, the backlight automatically starts and since the touch switch is not working I am unable to switch them off. I can constantly hear a beep sound which touching few buttons. And sometimes I just hear the beep sound but the button fails to function. I am very confused and irritated. Please help me.

You should try doing system restore to the date when you were not facing any of these problems. But remember that after the system restore all the installed programs and update that occurred after the chosen date of system restore will be permanently lost. So it is advised to take backup of all the important data before doing system restore. Follow this path to do system Restore:
    • Start \All Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore.

A new window is displayed on clicking the system restore. Click Next and Select the date to which you wish to rollback your laptop. Press next and restart your laptop on prompt.

The best solution according to me is to remove and reinstall the Toshiba Value Added Package (TVAP). Search for the same on Internet and download the setup. Install the setup like any other application. The Toshiba Value Added Package includes Toshiba common Modules as well as Power Saver, Accessibility, Fnesse and other Toshiba Utilities. After installing this you will surely recognize improvement in performance and your problem will be solved.