Thread: Adjustment and brightness control missing in Toshiba Satellite A355-S6925

Adjustment and brightness control missing in Toshiba Satellite A355-S6925

Hi I am using Toshiba Satellite A355-S6925 laptop from a while now. I am running 32 bit version of Windows 7 in it. The laptop seems to be working fine till few days ago. Now I am unable to find the adjustment and brightness control anywhere. I searched for it in almost every possible way but was unfortunate to find it. Does anyone know what could be the reason behind the control missing? Anyone have any solution then please help me. It will be appreciated.

Re: Adjustment and brightness control missing in Toshiba Satellite A355-S6925

You were not having this in past. There is a high possibility that recently you must have got infected by some sort of virus or malware. I would suggest you to do a complete scan of your system with a good antivirus which is updated. According to me your system files (which control the adjustment and brightness control) must have got corrupted because of the virus attack or you must have recently installed some update or application which must be hampering the work of the adjustment and brightness control.

I was not facing this problem in past, it started from last few days only. I don’t know what went crazy in my laptop and this problem occurred. My antivirus is always up-to-date. And I regularly scan my entire system. Still to cross check I scanned my entire system twice and luckily did not find any virus or malware or any Trojan. My screen brightness is very high from last few days and because of this problem I am unable to adjust it, thus straining my eyes a lot. If anyone has any solutions please help. I have lost my patience level.

Sometimes when you don’t have the recommended Toshiba supplied drivers for your laptop, certain features may show trouble to function properly, even if the drivers are installed. I would suggest you to make sure that your Bios is updated. You must search for the latest available update for your Bios and install it in your laptop as soon as possible. Sometimes Bios problems can also hamper the functioning of many features in your laptop. Your laptop will restart after the Bios update to make the changes.

This trick should probably work for you.
    You can adjust your brightness by holding the ‘Fn’ function key. Brightness can be decreased by pressing ‘F6’and it can be increased by pressing ‘F7’ key. If you can’t find the ‘Flash Cards’ application on top of the screen then follow these steps.
    1. Click on Start button and type flash in the search field. A new window will appear at the top of the screen.
    2. Click on the ‘Restart Flash Cards’ button
    3. Repeat step 1
    4. Click on the ‘Settings for Flash Cards’ button and make sure ‘Disable all function keys’ checkbox is unchecked.
    5. Click on ‘Apply’ and then click on ‘OK’

Again try the Function keys/Flash cards method. Hope it works now for you.

These two steps have worked for me.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the Toshiba Value Added Package (TVAP). Install the latest version of TVAP in your system and reboot whenever prompted.
    • After you are done loading the latest version of Toshiba Value Added Package you must uninstall and then reinstall the Flash Card Utility. Download the latest version of Flash Card utility and install it. Reboot the system when asked for.

To cross check that the preferred two applications are properly installed in your system, you can try the above mentioned ‘Flash Card’ process. I am sure this will work for you as it has done the trick for me and many others.