Thread: Need help about Gateway FX - P-7805u and SSD Upgrade

Need help about Gateway FX - P-7805u and SSD Upgrade

Hello friend, I have Gateway FX-p-7805u and I am very happy with it. It was working very well for me. I was wondering what I have to seem for connector shrewd for ssd upgrade on Gateway FX - P-7805u laptop I know too small about this material. I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on newegg for this laptop. If you have any better suggestion then please suggest me it will be better for me.

Re: Need help about Gateway FX - P-7805u and SSD Upgrade

Normally the simply dissimilarity between desktop drives and laptop drives are: RPM, Power requirements and Size. Thoughtlessly laptop drives run on fewer juices than desktop disks. Also obviously, they are slighter. What might not be so clear is that they work at slower rates to preserve power - most desktop drives work at 7200RPM...in the laptop world. The boundary is the identical for SATA - you can plug up a notebook SATA disk keen on a computer. For IDE notebook drives, the pinout is the same configuration, but the connector is slighter, so you need an adapter to modify the size.

You can insert a supplementary SATA drive which could be a HDD (Hard Disk Drive), a HDD (Hybrid Hard Drive) or a Solid State Drive (SSD) also known as an H-HDD (Hybrid Hard Disk Drive). This supplementary drive can be a dissimilar manufacturer, size/capability, spin speed (RPM), cache amount. It is indistinct to me if the machine is backward companionable to SATA I (1.5Gb/s) drives; or else, you should be well.

You can replace the existing unit with two units of greater capacity, with two units, an option that should be available in the BIOS for RAID 0 / 1. If you want to support RAID drives should be the same form factor, redundant units from the same manufacturer with the same capacity, rotational speed the same, same cache size, and better still the same firmware. RPM units with different specifications or cache sizes can or lead to unpredictable results. My understanding is that the units placed in a RAID configuration with disabilities are made to set up RAID system to the lower capacity of the two units.