Thread: Toshiba Satellite A215 keyboard is not functioning

Toshiba Satellite A215 keyboard is not functioning

Hello Guys, I bought my Toshiba A215 six months ago, I didn’t had any problem with this laptop till now I didn’t even formatted this once and even not installed any other OS. I have Windows 7. The problem with my laptop is that it’s keyboard suddenly stopped functioning, whenever I click on the keys there is a dull click sound but no character or action performed on the screen. So I rebooted my system but still no result, removed my battery and keyboard then again connected them problem but it didn’t helped me. Guys please help me because of this my lots of work is still in pending.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A215 keyboard is not functioning

Hey mate even I am having the same problem with my laptop from last one month, I have gone through many forums, website and even through the Toshiba forums but I didn’t find any solution or query over net. What I can do from my laptop is just move mouse cursor over screen and just open and close the application I can’t type anything. If somebody knows how to solve this problem please help us I have PC so I can do my work from that system but still I need my laptop many times and I don’t have much time to visit support center so I will be very grateful to you guys if you give us the proper solution here. Thank you in advance,

This seems the major problem with the Toshiba laptop I am using Toshiba Satellite L450D from last 3 months and I have Windows 7 home premium 32 installed in it. I am facing the same problem as above users but in my case keyboard works in BIOS mode it allows me to enter username and password. But after the main Windows screen appearance no buttons from the keyboard works. I was using a mouse which was connected to the laptop via USB port, In the same USB port I connected the external keyboard but before that I tried to delete the keyboard from device manager but it didn’t work. When I connected external keyboard, Device found and it showed Num Lock is on and derivers loaded but same thing happen no keys were working. And I wasn’t able to turn off the Num Lock. Please guys help us out.

Well guys I am not using any laptop which is shared by users, I am a LG user but I had exactly the same problem, and as the above user said that there no solution to this problem over net, so I had to take it to the service center and then I found that it wasn’t a big issue, the tech guy gave me the solution so guys just try it out this might work for you, Go to “control panel” and then in “keyboard” click on “Hardware tab” in that “properties” and after that “power management” and there just check if the option "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked or no, If it’s checked then uncheck it and press the keys. Hope this will work for you Toshiba guys.

Guys I don’t think this a major issue, it’s just a small problem. You guys can easily get rid up from this problem. I am saying that because even I had the same issue with my laptop and when I searched about it on these forums I found that I had by mistakenly enabled the Filter Key’s. And I had to do only some minor steps to get back my keyboard into working stage. I hold the right shift button for about 10-12 seconds and it disabled Filter Key’s and my laptop again started working properly. One more thing you can do go to accessibility options in control panel and from there just disable the filter keys. Hope this will work for you guys.

I can’t believe this you guys have posted so soon where on the other forums and portals it’s really hard to get any reply, even if I get any replies it’s mostly spam. But here I got solution for each and every possibility. Thanks a lot buddies. In my case I don’t how option "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" got checked and that’s why my keyboard was not working. But now it’s working as it used to, and it’s all because of you guys. Thank you very much guys.