Thread: Webcam unable to work on Toshiba Portege M900

Webcam unable to work on Toshiba Portege M900

I got this new Toshiba Portege M900 and everything is working fine with it. I am really enjoying using it as it is really an amazing laptop. But now it has started to give some problems and the problem is that my webcam is not working properly. It just show web camera initialization failed. And then it says check your camera device and restart application or computer. Please do get back to me on this issue immediately as I am waiting for the answers.

Re: Webcam unable to work on Toshiba Portege M900

Even I have a similar problem where the webcam is unable to do anythign on my nb205. It used to work very well in the past but iin the past few days it has suddenly stopped working. Even when i use Skype it doesn't read a webcam and along with that the camera assistant software won’t even open. I even tried to repair it myself but that didn’t help. I tried to check the webcam settings. When I restart my computer it again says camera initialization failed. I don’t know what the problem is. Please help me on this issue.

I think that you need to check the drivers and make sure that the drivers are installed and are up to date. I am having the XP Service Pack 3 and the machine has been kept up to date. When I was having this issue I had disabled and re-enabled the device. And then I worked for me again. So I guess that even you need to follow the same instructions and then I am sure that even it will work for you. Also do let me know about the it once it works for you.

I think that the problem that you are facing is due to the webcam not getting properly detected. This is the major worry that is causing this problem. Also the reason why you find such kind error. There may also be the possibly that the cable that connects the webcam to the system board is loose. So you need to even check this possibility and see if it is working properly or not. Otherwise you can go with the same solution that have been mentioned previously.

Thanks a lot for all the replies. I think that the solution that is being mentioned will definitely work for me. I went through all the solutions and would like to work on it immediately. I am sure that they will really be handy to me to solve the issue that I am facing. I hope that one I use them then the webcam will start working as it used to work before. So I would once again like to thank you for the solutions and the suggestions that you have provided to me.