Thread: Toshiba Satellite A205-S4587 restarting or Freezing after startup

Toshiba Satellite A205-S4587 restarting or Freezing after startup

I encompass a Satellite A205-S4587 which is about 3 years. Newly, the laptop is starting again or freezing with a black screen with lines a few minutes after startup. Annoying to resolve the trouble, I tried reinstalling operating system and went far to open the laptop and cleaning the fan out. The problem still persists. I have attached a picture to help explain this stage in a little better. Note that the hard drive light stays on during freezing. Is there a solution to this problem?

Re: Toshiba Satellite A205-S4587 restarting or Freezing after startup

You may have a hardware crisis, or even could have a driver or a problem with Windows Update, even though you just clean the hard drive. Utilizing Toshiba's full recovery to return the unit to its "gold standard" outside the box situation is measured to determine whether or not you have a hardware problem (s). This is because the hard drive of your laptop and all the drivers and software are returned to their original factory condition. Therefore, if the problem persists, you have a hardware problem. But if the problem (s) disappear, then you have to drive or software problem (s).

Perhaps, when you upgrade from Windows Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit improve from Windows Vista to Windows 7 64 bit, utilizing the inplace upgrading technique, or if you used a real Toshiba Windows 7 Upgrade Edition CD, NOT A Clean and custom installation technique, you can make the folder with the old TOSAPINS Vista drivers on Windows 7. However, when you do a clean / custom upgrade / installation of Windows 7 32-bit or 64-Bit Edition, Microsoft Windows 7 with a full retail or upgrade disc, this directory is not created tosapins. When you clean / Custom Install this way they are destroying all the old partitions, directories, software, drivers, etc. I assure you, this directory is not created TOSAPINS using a cleaning / custom installation. I do not mean this, I am saying clearly what I believe is a fact.

Something that is important when doing a system recovery is not to let Windows Update run, until you've had the opportunity to fully test your system for a considerable period of time. If you allow Windows Update to run, cannot be sure that there was still some update that was / is the creation of your problem. When you run the recovery program at some point, when setting up Windows, you are asked if you want Windows Update to run automatically, for example, "No - I'll decide later." After Windows is completely setup, go to Windows Update, click on the left side on "Change Settings." Under click the "critical updates" from the dropdown menu to the right and select "Never check for updates (not recommended), click the OK button at the bottom.

Before you make another recovery to ensure that this latest update of the BIOS installed. On the restart, while the Toshiba logo is set on the screen, push the "F2" to enter the BIOS Setup, you can check the version there. If you do not have the download version, twice click to install, after installation you want to shut down or restart. Anyway, on the restart, when you see the Toshiba logo, once again 'F2' to enter the BIOS, "press F9 BIOS Setup to load the default settings, then 'F10' to save and exit.

My laptop is an A205 - S4577. The picture you sent to the freezing of the screen is almost the same with my laptop. The trouble here enlarged frequency and is associated mainly with the external power supply. In other words, it works well when in battery mode only, and when I connect the external power source is frozen. So I have to charge the batteries with the laptop off and then turn on the battery alone. I sent it to a technician and told me it's a hardware problem on the motherboard. He told me (I have not seen yet) is a mechanical problem in connecting the microprocessor to the motherboard. So, now I'm looking for a motherboard, but it is very difficult to find one here where I live. Perhaps useful to you and your friends could tell me where to buy one in the U.S.