Thread: Toshiba satellite c655 freezes when system recovery performed

Toshiba satellite c655 freezes when system recovery performed

Hi, I am having a Toshiba satellite c655 laptop. It has got windows 7 operating system. I occasionally use the system recovery partition to restore it to out of the box conditions. When I was performing this restore activity, It hanged up my laptop. The restore action stopped at 20 % and could not proceed further. Can anybody tell me why this happened. Is there any way to get the recovery Cd for my laptop

Re: Toshiba satellite c655 freezes when system recovery performed

Toshiba don’t supply recovery disc when you purchase a laptop. Your laptop hard disk contains a hidden partition which has the similar files as that on the recovery disc or DVD. It is possible that an error had occurred when you were performing system recovery partition.try to cancel the action and restart the computer. Now try to run the system recovery partition and see if you face any problem.

Press the power button of the laptop for ten seconds to switch it off. Now press the 0 key and at the same time press the power button to switch once to turn on the machine. When you hear the beep sound ,release the 0 key. When you are prompted to select “yes to continue with the system recovery”. select yes and choose “recovery of factory default software. Here click next to proceed. Now opt for” Recover to out-of-box state”., and again click Next. This will start the recovery.

If your system freezes in the middle while performing the system recovery partition action.there is nothing to worry about. Just press the power on button of your laptop for few seconds and this will turn off the system.When you realize that the system recovery partition is not working then get a blank DVD and burn the system recovery partition files. Now you have the recovery disc for your Toshiba laptop and you can run the system recovery partition from the disc itself.