Thread: Toshiba satellite A205-S5800 does not work after connecting to AC cord

Toshiba satellite A205-S5800 does not work after connecting to AC cord

I have purchased Toshiba satellite A205-S5800 last year with OS windows Vista, I was really happy with speed and working of this system. Till the last week I have not faced any problem and laptop works perfectly in battery mode but as soon as supply the AC power it freezes. I tried to restart it but after the boot screen it again freezes. Laptop works perfectly when the battery is not full, If it’s full the battery need to be replaced. To overcome this problem I have installed Windows 7, formatted hard disk and also updated the BIOS but yet facing the same problem. Please help me out guys.

Re: Toshiba satellite A205-S5800 does not work after connecting to AC cord

Hey dude even I am going through the same problem I have Toshiba Satellite A205-S4777, I have Vista. I can charge my laptop using OEM charger i.e original equipment manufacturer. But whenever I try to charge my laptop while it’s switched ON same thing happens with my laptop screen it freezes. I can use my laptop after charging the battery for 2-3 hours. For this query I have gone through many other forums and sites but no solution for this query till now even with different company charger same thing happens. So please guys if anyone of you know the answer please share it here.

Dude even I have been through the same problem. I have Toshiba satellite M200 with Vista. My laptop is around 2 to 3 years old. This is the only problem I have faced till date. Even I have tried all the steps to overcome this problem. I tried to run my laptop without battery, without AC, connecting and disconnecting AC, connected it with external monitor in both the cases like without AC with AC, but it didn’t work. It worked for me when I ran my laptop in Safe mode. In safe mode there is no problem but it does’t work in normal mode.

I think there will be no use of in trying updating driver, OS, formatting hard disk because there solid chances of a hardware failure, Because after such a long time laptop automatically started giving problems like this and that also with each OS. So I guess there is some problem in the power section of the laptop. Because AC charger charges the battery but when laptop is working charger freezes it’s screen. So I guess it’s due to some faulty resistor, capacitor, diode etc. and there is also some possibility that the custom chip is broken and it’s not so practical to change the motherboard due to that custom chip.

Hello guys finally I have some solution for this problem, as the above user said that it’s may be because of some power handling hardware and yes it’s because of power handling processor, non-maskable interrupt (NMI) computer processor is behind that reason it freeze the laptop whenever it doesn’t get proper voltage. And technical guys have discovered that chip called core voltage controller and as sson as this chip gets replaced system works without any problem. And it cost me around 95$ but worth it guys.

Well I don’t know how to thank all of you I know there many threads like this but I work form my laptop and I can’t effort to loose so much time, I was facing this problem from last one week only but It cost me a lot. I wouldn’t able to fix it if you guys did not helped me out I called the support guys and they have taken my laptop for repairing work and very son I will get my laptop without that unusual problem which was I facing. Thanks a lot guys .