Thread: Toshiba A305-S6872 CMOS battery need to be replaced

Toshiba A305-S6872 CMOS battery need to be replaced

I am using Toshiba A305-S6872 from last one and a half year and faced no problem and didn’t had any issue or problem with my laptop and it’s configuration perfectly suits to me my needs but now there is a problem with CMOS battery of the laptop it’s not working now . So I have to replace it but the major problem behind that it is soldered on the motherboard so can I unsolder it? Please guys I don’t know much about these stuffs please tell me how to replace it and can you tell from where I can get the battery and what type of battery does it use? Please help me guys.

Re: Toshiba A305-S6872 CMOS battery need to be replaced

Dude I have used many different laptops of different manufacturers but I have never seen that the CMOS battery is soldered on the motherboard, as you said that you don’t have much knowledge about these kind of stuffs so might be have mistaken something or maybe you don’t have much about CMOS battery, buddy I am not sure but it can be the case. You can do one thing just post the image of your board so that it will be clear to me or to others and it will be easy to help you out.

Thanks mate for taking concern on my query yes you are right I don’t know much about these kind of stuffs that’s why I had visited many forums and tech related portals so that at least I am able to post my query clearly. But I am sure that battery is soldered on the board you can also have a look on it, visit a irisvista portal and then go to tech option and from there select laptop and click on disassembly Toshiba-Satellite-A305 and now go to disassembly thing and now you will be able to see that RTC battery is soldered in the board. Please check.

That was quite shocking for me I have never noticed these kind of assembling, I can’t believe this. Mate to be very frank this will be the hardest way to replace the battery, I guess you have to disassemble everything else then only you will be able to solve your problem. From the picture I can’t make out clearly that there something below the coin cell battery on which coin cell battery is attached I am not sure about anything there can be a capacitor too, I think you should contact the support staff or nearest dealer may be they can help you out.

I am using the same laptop Toshiba A305-S6872 from last one year and I haven’t came across any problem like that but I would like to know the solution for this because may be in near future same problem can happen with me as well, and from these thread I can easily make out that only few are familiar with this kind of CMOS battery which is soldered on the board itself. So guys can you at least tell me that the battery for replacement will have the arms on that so that I can easily solder it or it will be without arms?

Well thank you guys to trying to help me out and giving me your suggestions. I have posted a query on Toshiba forums as well but I don’t think those guys are as active as peoples around here on these forums. They have just posted the image of the battery I don’t know why, I was seeking for the solution not for the image of battery of Panasonic ML 1220-F18. I haven’t found any proper solution, but still I want to thank each one of you who have posted their replies on this thread, thanks a lot if anybody have got any solution or suggestion please share. Thanks again,