Thread: ASUS G60JX no Audio hardware in device manager

ASUS G60JX no Audio hardware in device manager

Hello friends I am having some kind of a problem with the ASUS G60JX notebook that I have purchased just few months ago and I have come to know that there is some kind of a problem that has occurred with the audio of my laptop as suddenly just few days back I have come to know that there is no sound coming from the speakers when I try to play any media, however when I checked out the device manger I found out that there was no listing of the audio hardware that is usually present there, so can someone help me to know that where it is gone and what should I do to get the sound to come back again.

Re: ASUS G60JX no Audio hardware in device manager

Are you completely without sound from the speaker or is it that the sound doesn’t comes only when you try to play some media with it, what I would want to know that are you getting the sound when turning on the laptop as we usually get or is it that you are not getting it at all, if this is the case then there could be a missing sound driver from your laptop and that is the reason why you are unable to get the sound, so its better that you install the driver again and then see what happens.

Hey what I would suggest is that if you are not able to hear the sound when you play some media onto your laptop so what I think is that there could be a possibility that the media player that you are making use of might be corrupted or it could be a possibility that the settings of this player is not done properly so make sure that everything related to the media player is perfect and then see if you can get to do something with it.

Guys I have reinstalled the fresh copy of the drivers onto my laptop and then also I found that there is still no sound coming from the laptop, I have tried it out many times and I have even changed the vlc media player that I was making use in the hope that reinstalling the same would help to overcome the problem but unfortunately it didn’t and still I am not getting the sound from the speaker, so can someone help me to know that what is the problem and how will I get this fixed.

Since the audio hardware is not showing up in the device manager so what I think is that the internals hardware where the audio or the speaker is attached might have been damaged and that is the reason why you are unable to see any audio hardware in the device manager, so I think that you will have to show get the internals hardware of the laptop repaired if it is really some kind of a hardware problem.