Thread: Brand new Toshiba laptop having problem with battery and fan

Brand new Toshiba laptop having problem with battery and fan

Hi, I am having a Toshiba laptop less than two months old. It has got 500Gb hard disk,4Gb RAM and windows 7 64 bit operating system. When I purchased the laptop I was told that it will give 10 hours of battery backup. But it hardly gives five hours of battery backup when fully charged. When the battery charge reaches 10% the BIOS makes a continuous beep sound. I cannot find any option to turn off the sound. Laptop is only few months old but the Toshiba PC Health Monitor is showing battery health as “fair”. The cooling fan speed is always maximum and the Cpu temperature always remain 35%-40% of Max. Please help me.

Re: Brand new Toshiba laptop having problem with battery and fan

There can be a problem with your battery. As your laptop is not more than two months old there is no chance of any wear and tear that the battery might have undergone. It depends upon the number of times you charge your battery. I think there is some manufacturing defect with the battery due to which you are facing this problem. Your laptop is under warranty period so I suggest you to ask for the battery replacement.

The cooling fan of the laptop is one of the main component. When the too many processes are running in the system and the CPU usage is 100%, the fan spins at its maximum speed to cool down the system. Run Msconfig.exe to configure which unit you desire to run on start up. This will help the system to cool and make all the program respond better.

If your battery is not holding charge any more or Toshiba PC health monitor is prompting you to replace the battery, then get it replaced. Toshiba will replace it at no cost as your laptop is under warranty period. Install the latest BIOS update for your laptop. Never allow your Li ion battery to get completely discharged. This can shorten the life of the battery.

Never over charge may your laptop as overcharging cause damage to the battery. Never let the battery discharge completely. Do not run the laptop, always connected to Ac power source. It can over heat the laptop as well as the battery. Start charging your laptop when the “low battery” message appears and stop charging when the charge is 100%. You should also recondition the battery whenever necessary. Reconditioning the battery improves battery health.