Thread: Cooling system error in toshiba M645-S4050

Cooling system error in toshiba M645-S4050

Hi , I am having a toshibaM645-S4050 laptop with windows 7 operating system installed in it. I am having a problem with the laptop. Yesterday while I was working in the laptop I found that the laptop fan was spinning very fast. Though it was not plugged to the Ac power source the fan kept on rotating. Then suddenly I got an error message regarding the cooling system error. I realized that the fan has stopped and BIOS was prompting me to shutdown the system. Can anyone tell me what the matter is.

re: Cooling system error in toshiba M645-S4050

As the cooling fan of the laptop stopped spinning, you were prompted to shutdown. Overheating could have damaged the other components. Check whether the cooling fan has died or still spinning. Do you hear any sound of the fan. If no, then your fan is damaged and needs to be replaced. Do not try to open or replace it by yourself. If your laptop is under warranty then the company will replace it at no cost.

Check if whether the fan is running or completely stopped. If the fan is still running then check how much air is coming out of the ventilation. If it vents very less amount of air then the fan blades might have choked due to dust or any obstacle. If you are having an idea or prior experience in opening and cleaning the laptop then take a soft cloth and clean the blades of the fan. I advise you to better contact the dealer who sold you the laptop. He will send it to Toshiba service centre.

Was the laptop responding slowly while working on it. Too many processes running at the same time overheat the computer due to which system do not respond. Check, if the connection of the fan is loose. Loose connection may also cause the fan to stop. If the connection is ok then the fan might have burnt. Get the fan replaced and don’t try to switch on the laptop until the fan is replaced.